Monday, October 12, 2015

Say Yes to School, and NO to Jerks -words by our investigator Gary- Sister Maren Madsen

Written by Sister Maren Madsen, serving in the Arkansas Little Rock Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Loveless Lane is a Dead End

So this week was kinda strange, I feel like we kinda up hit a wall, we planned full days and EVERYONE was gone. Que en el Mundo? gente, saben que este es salvacion?? Pues necesito tener paciencia. 
    But despite all the missed appointments and lack of people to see we were forced to Spiritual Harvest (which is like the fancy new word for trackting). And I hate that I have to think of SH as a punishment when nobody answers, like it's the bullet we have to bite in order to have success. So as soon as I realized that that was the way I was viewing it, of course we weren't going to find those who are elect! So I changed my attitude about it and we ended up running into a guy who wasn't super interested but had lots of really interesting theories. He said he wouldn't call himself an atheist but as he was talking I could tell the adversary had had a good time twisting the truth to make this guy agree with the the times rather than with his feelings. But I felt like we should give him a Book of Mormon. And I started to pull it out to give it to him and he said that he probably wouldn't read it, so I kept it as the conversation continued and somehow it wrapped back around and he said that he loves to read.... Well ya stepped right into that one buddy.. He looked at me as I held up the book and he kinda chuckled a little bit and realized that he was going to be getting one. From the way this guy was talking I think he'll read some of it. But not only with him, but with other people I have realized that people are too dang lazy to accept the answers and do their own person study to figure out if what we are telling them is true. Flojos..

But other than that the Lord has shown me lots this week that I need to stop looking for the people who are ready to jump into the church and start focusing on those who have quiet progression. Suyapa and Lilian are so great (plus I am a little bias because they are our only solid Spanish investigators) but I am sure that they have such faith and are progressing. Poco a poquito! 
Well love you family and thanks for all the news! 
Haha I was wondering if there was going to be a week with no news at all... Yep that wasn't today.. Haha not that I don't enjoy it! 

Hermana Madsen 

Southern Peeps Oct 5, 2015
I guess there isn't Laser Tag in Fiji (Oct 19,2015)