Monday, January 26, 2015

Temple Trip - Elder Kolby Madsen

Written by Elder Kolby Madsen, serving in the Denmark Copenhagen Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Danish.

Elders Madsen, Child, Ogden and Ma**
I have one transfer left and we find out about transfers next week. I am praying I stay in Slagelse.  I don’t want to move for my last transfer, but the Lord knows best. In my interview with President, he asked me if I would be willing to stay and I told him, "Of course." Then he asked if there's anything that he can do for me, and I just said to continue to follow the Spirit because as much as I love Slagelse and the people here, I also know the Lord knows best. I am willing to go where ever he wants to me. I have no reason to be selfish. The Lord has given me so much from start to finish. I know he will do what is best for His work!

The temple was so great.  We had N** and Ma** in the temple for their first time this week.  It was a great experience and so much fun. Both N** and Ma** had their own family names to take.  They both were baptized for their grandmas.  It was great to see that through their own conversion they have been able to give their family that same opportunity to make the covenants of baptism and continue to progress. N** loved it so much that she said she wants to see the rest of the temple.  Her year mark (after being baptized herself) is the 15th of March, so it would be awesome if she went and received her endowment before I left.  That would be great.  We will see how it goes.

Another great thing that happened this week is that we were able to meet with G**.  He was still sick and does not find out about the results from the scan until the first weekend in February. So slow.  It's too bad, but that's the system and they take care of him, so that is good. We have to wait until he finds out about the scan before he will commit to a baptism date. He did say, however, that he has a stronger testimony of Joseph Smith, which he had a huge problem with before. So that is  great!

Things are just trucking along. The Lord’s work is hastening and it's beautiful. We had a great time with H** this week. He taught me how to work with the electrical system here in Denmark because it's way different than at home. He taught me how to fix lights, gave me a test, and I did it right. It's good because I have had so many people ask if we know how to work with the lights, and we've had to say no. So now I know! The things you learn on a mission, haha.

Nig, ÆLdste Ogden, Natascha, Stefan (Denmark’s
champion boxer in his weight class. Great guy
and a great missionary!)
Well, we were talking to Jo** and he was talking to bishop. We had set a date to go through the temple with him for the first time in a while, then he asked bishop if he could receive his endowments! So they are in the process of that!!! It would be great if we could go with him.

It's great seeing people come closer to Christ through baptism, and even greater to see those same people taking the steps to go to the temple and make more covenants and continue to move forward. It’s the next step and it helps with activity in the church. It's a great focus and is bringing people closer to God through Jesus Christ. There is no better way to do that than to make and keep covenants!

Med Kærlig Hilsen,

Ældste Madsen

Accelerate the Work (January 19, 2015)

I Am Not Trunky  (February 2, 2015)

Our group at the temple in Copenhagen, Denmark