Monday, January 19, 2015

Don't Try This At Home - Elder Brian Burgess

Written by Elder Brian Burgess, serving in the Mexico Puebla North Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Don't try this at home!
So, it all started off slow... sort of ...

Tuesday we had the monthly numbers crunch and goals meeting with the stake president and President Christensen. So the entire morning we had to finish the forms for the stake and mission for the zone. (Hard to explain) ...

Then Wednesday we were going to have our zone meeting, and joined with a small conference from President Christensen. He was going to take the time for about an hour and a half, but with all the questions that the missionaries had, it ended about two and a half hours later. So we didn't have time for our zone meeting that day. So we will have it this next week.

Friday we had interviews with President Christensen. My interview was a little different because my temple recommend expired (it's been two years), so my interview was focused on that. Then President and I had a happy/sad conversation about how we both need to "RUN" to the end of our missions (he ends his in June, and I end in May).

Today we spent some time with the zone, playing basketball. And we played volleyball with some water balloons, which ended in a water balloon fight. Very fun day!

In the little time we had to teach in the week, we taught our investigators. Now we have 3 baptisms scheduled for February 14th. :) Elder Olea and I saw some pretty amazing miracles last week with our investigators.

I love you all so much! Read the Book of Mormon. It's a good read, and I recommend it. It has changed my life. On every page there is something for you and for me. I invite you to find what's in it for you!
A buff dog


Elder Brian Burgess


Miracles and Transfers (January 5, 2015)

The Amazing Adventures of Elder Burgess  (January 26, 2015)
Nice, gas cooktop - fancy!