Monday, June 1, 2015

Eventful Week - Sister Maren Madsen

Written by Sister Maren Madsen, serving in the Arkansas Little Rock Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Lost my water bottle and had to improvise....
This week was very eventful. I hate that I don't have much time!!

We had a really cool experience this week. I felt like we needed to stay in the neighborhood and tract while we were going to visit one of the investigators. I was scared to ruin the plans of the day, but I ended up telling my companion and we went back. A couple families opened the door and told us to come back later. So we did. The one guy who I thought for sure was going to blow us off totally let us in and confided in us. He has four sons and they were very interested and wanted to come to church on Sunday...they didn't, but it was still way cool. I loved to see the expression on Hermana Ponce's face when we left. We taught the little boys how to pray and about the restoration of the gospel. They had all sorts of questions, and I know that if we didn't listen to that prompting then we never would have found them.

I am just going to have to write out a list of what happened and then hand write the rest.

-Drunk guy at church

-Soda Baptism

-Flat tire

We had a good time this week. I know that this is where I am supposed to be, and I love to have that confirmation when times are tough. I have been thinking about the wedding and graduation and just everything that I am going to miss out on, and then I think that no amount of memories at a graduation or wedding will ever compare to the change and growth that comes from a mission. I love you guys so much and hope you take time to have a breather. I can only imagine the stress y'all are going through.

I sent you a letter. You'll have to tell me when you got it.

Thanks for all the support and love. I pray for y'all daily and Love you!

Hermana Madsen

Horn Lake, Mississippi (May 25, 2015)

Exchanges, iPads, Bashers, Bikes, and that's just 2 MONTHS!  (June 8, 2015)