Monday, May 12, 2014

HALF WAY - Sister Hannah Avery

Written by Sister Hannah Avery, serving in the Chile Vina del Mar Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

(Note to reader: Clicking on highlighted words will link to additional information.)

Hola familia y amigos!
 
No! I'm NOT pregnant, haha! This is my NINE
MONTHS photo. It's something Sister missionaries
do to show we are half way through our missions!

WOW! What a CRAZY week this week! First off, we had interviews with the mission president this week and just talked about how things are in the area, the mission, etc. He is AWESOME! He always gives us so much great advice and support, and really makes me feel like being a missionary doesn't have to be boring or hard.... it's FUN! :)

We also had our Leaders meeting on Friday in ViƱa del Mar. We got a phone call from the Assistants to the President (APs) really early in the morning, and they said that Hermana Page and Hermana Mori were going to come stay at our house until the meeting at 9 a.m. So I got to see two of my old companions! So fun! It's so crazy how fast time goes by... wow! The meeting was great, and we learned a lot about how to invite people to make and keep commitments. I am hoping that the things we learned will help, because we are struggling with people keeping commitments here!

Next piece of news.... I have LESS than 9 months left in the mission! I hit the halfway mark this Saturday. Oh my goodness! Is time flying, or is it flying?! Seriously. I cant believe it! I feel like there is sooo much to do in so little time! AH! Hermana Giron helped me take my "9 month" photo. It was a fun day :)

We also talked to our sweet mamas and family over Skype yesterday! It was SOOO wonderful! I love and miss them so much, but know the mission is where I am needed right now. It was SO fun to see them and talk to them! I felt close to them even thought we are super far away. And, I got  to talk to Jakey in Peru for a bit too! YAY! He is doing great as well, don't worry! :)
















We taught the Primary class in church yesterday too, and they sang in a video for my mom :) There are only about six kids in Primary! haha! But they are so cute :)


Well guys, have a great week and I will talk to you all next week! Love you!

xoxoxoxoox Hermana Avery

To answer your question, yes, our electricity is back on, but there is no such thing as heating or air conditioning in Chile. At least we have lights and can take warm showers again :)

Dark and Cold (May 5, 2014)

From the Other Side of the Planet.... (May 19, 2014)
 
Hermans Giron and Avery with President Kahnlein
Chile Vina del Mar Mission


An awesome family in our local congregation