Wednesday, May 15, 2013

No More Double Fries for Elder Madsen


Written by Elder Kolby Madsen

Hey, all!

Well, everything is great here in the MTC (Missionary Training Center). I am sorry to report that we did not get stuck in the elevator this week. We try to stay away from it now.

I hope everyone had a great Mother’s Day, and that we can all remember what our mothers do for us.

Wednesday morning I had a scare. I tweaked my knee a little bit because I started to get confident with volleyball. I am happy to report that I went to the doctor here in staff and he said I was fine. It feels great, so no worries.

I have also made a pact (as of last week) that I am not going to eat fries in the MTC until we leave. I am happy to report that I have gone a solid nine days without fries. That is a new personal best, and rising. I also have given up on some things I love in life for the MTC because it is too scary to have a little pain in my knee. It gives me flash backs.

We got our travel plans. Denmark bound....hopefully it stays that way! No news is good news when it comes to visas. I am so ready to get out in the field and serve the people of Denmark. I know that the first couple of months we will be serving them by making them laugh. As much as we think we know Danish, we don’t, and the Danes will get a kick out of that, I hope.

I have learned this week that missions are forever. I intend to keep it that way and serve at all times and in all places, forever. I know this church is true, and that through prayer and faith in and to our Heavenly Father, we can have blessings beyond measure. We just have to have faith and do our part. I love this Gospel and the opportunity I have to serve the Lord and the people of Denmark.

 Love,

Elder Madsen


*******The following is from Elder Wawro's blog (Kolby's MTC companion) *************


Customs in Denmark is pretty funny. On any package you send to Denmark just write, "GIFT." If you say you sent medication and write "MEDICATION" on the customs box (or whatever), they will just pull it out and then tax me. Also, Cheetos and Beef Jerky are illegal in Denmark so don't send me those...I know, weird.

Ok, time to give you all a heads up. As of right now, our VISAs have not come in. That may delay when we leave the MTC, or they may reassign us for a transfer if we don't receive them in time. If anything happens or changes I'll be allowed to call home for 5 minutes to tell you about it. It doesn't really look like we are going to get our VISAs in time, but for some reason all of us have this feeling that we will. Maybe it's just a feeling of peace. I don't know for sure. We fasted on Sunday that we would receive them in time, and we've been praying hard. If you can pray for us as well, that we will receive our VISAs, that would be amazing.

Don't Jump in a Loose Elevator  (May 7, 2013)

Surprise Call from Elder Madsen (May 17, 2013)