Monday, August 8, 2016

Welcome to Nicaragua! - Elder Brigham Rush

Written by Elder Brigham Rush, in the Provo Missionary Training Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He is assigned to the Nicaragua Managua North Mission, speaking Spanish.

Hey guys!

So, I got to my area. Sorry if some of my grammar is bad and what not, I'm typing on a Spanish keyboard. So, I'm in an area called Matagalpa and its in the mountains and it is seriously the most beautiful place you have ever seen in your life. My companion's name is Elder Reyes and he is from Guatemala; he doesn't speak English. Matagalpa is about 3 hours north of Managua, so we had a very long bus ride yesterday. Here is supposed to be the coldest area of Nicaragua, so it gets to probably 70 degrees in the night time and it feels amazing. It is raining right now. We study for 4 and 1/2 hours every morning and the showers are always cold, but it feels good because its so hot. My house is at the top of like 4 other houses, so we have to take a little spiral staircase all the way to the top. It has 2 rooms and 2 little pull out tables that we use to study. It has 2 beds and that's about all. The church just barely bought our house so there is literally nothing in it. All the walls are completely teel. I can't wait to send you pictures on Monday, I'm about to go out and teach/contact for the first time! I love you guys! The food here is good, I will write you all on Monday :) Haha! Adios!  I haven't spoken English in like 2 days. I am doing good, kinda hungry but we are about to eat lunch. This place is craaaaaaazy but I love it so much.

Last Week in MTC (July 30, 2016)
Adventuring Through Central America (August 15, 2016)