Monday, May 11, 2015

Zone Meeting and Rugby - Elder Joshua Avery

Written by Elder Joshua Avery, serving in the Singapore Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Mandarin Chinese.

Zone rugby, Singapore Mission
Dear Family and Friends,

This week was great! It was so good to see all of you on Skype :) That made my day!

We spent Monday and Tuesday in Johor Baru for Zone meeting. It was so much fun. On Monday we got to play some rugby (don't worry it was 2 hand touch!) and get some Nasi Lemak. Johor Baru is famous for its Nasi Lemak.

Tuesday we had zone meeting and it was so awesome. Elder Earl and I got to give a training on keeping the Sabbath Day holy. Zone meeting was spiritually uplifting and gave us some extra motivation to work harder :)

This week I was surprised when Elder Lallemant and Ebling told me they had a 20 year old Indian investigator who spoke Chinese for us to teach. I was so excited! His name is So** and he has recently converted from Hinduism to Christianity. I guess he was Chinese educated, even though he is Indian. As we testified of modern prophets the Spirit was really strong. He committed to be baptized and says he will get work off so he can come to church. We are so excited! He is seriously the nicest guy.

I don't know what it was about this week, but Satan was working really hard to get me down. Thankfully as I read the Book of Mormon, any darkness that comes is dispelled. If you are ever feeling down, just read the Book of Mormon until you feel better. It's a good book! I suggest you read it :)

I don't have any other big news for this week. I love you all. Keep it up!

Love,
Elder Avery

P.S. Please tell Ma and Pa Anderson thanks for the package! I will be able to pick it up the next time I'm in Singapore. They're the BEST!!!!

God's Love for Us  (May 4, 2015)

Zone Training in Singapore  (May 18, 2015)


Our zone before Rugby
Our zone after rugby

Our serious zone photo

Our crazy zone photo

Zone Meeting in Johor Baru