Monday, May 25, 2015

Traveling - Elder Joshua Avery

Written by Elder Joshua Avery, serving in the Singapore Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Mandarin Chinese. 

Dear Family and Friends,

This past week was crazy. We were in Singapore for 3 days and Kuala Lumpur for 2 days. I love traveling though because it gives me time to read the scriptures. They seriously are the best thing ever. Any question or worry can be resolved through sincere prayer and scripture study.

Zone Conference was awesome. I ate a bunch of spicy Chinese food that was yummy, but I slightly regretted it a couple hours later, haha. Kuala Lumpur was good too. Hopefully we will have a stake there soon.

I wish I had some cool stuff to write, but we spent most of this week in meetings. This coming week will be better though. We have some big goals for Elder Earl's last week. Should be pretty sweet.

This week we were so surprised when our investigator S** showed up at District Conference in Kuala Lumpur. We had already invited him, but he hadn't really gotten back to us. Sunday morning he wanted to call us so he could find out when and where the bus was to KL, but he was worried that we would be sleeping, so he called Mo** and he was able to help him get there. Then during the Doctrine of Christ lesson for the investigators S* turned to us and said, "I know this already, you teach me." It was cool to see him progress and know he is retaining what we are teaching him.

Love You All!

Elder Avery

Zone Training in Singapore (May 18, 2015)

Email Problems  (June 1, 2015)