Monday, May 18, 2015

Sorry So Short - Elder Jacob Avery

Written by Elder Jacob Avery, serving in the Peru Lima West Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish. 

Elders Calderon and Avery - Peru Lima West Mission
We had to go to the offices to drop off a few forms today, so I don't have much time to give you an update.

We had a baptism. His name is Al**. He's great. He was baptized by the patriarch and came proselyting with us yesterday after his confirmation. He's read almost all the Book of Mormon and he's really sweet. He's also really smart.

I'm working a lot. The thing I'm trying to work with as a companionship is planning. In Vegueta I was able to plan out all the week, almost to the hour. I knew all the work, visits, all the finding methods, everything. But here it seems like they've been winging it for the past few months. I can't work like that. It's not effective or healthy.

So, I love you all. The church is true. Christ offers peace and forgiveness to all who repent! That is something that still amazes me. I hope you guys have a great and productive week. I have a bunch of pictures, but I can't get them to upload. Sorry!

Love you,

Elder Jake Avery

Ventanilla, Peru (May 11, 2015)

Money and Honey  (May 25, 2015)