Monday, October 14, 2013

Elder Jensen Loves Manassas, Virginia

Written by Elder Nate Jensen, serving in the Washington D.C. South Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking English. Nate's current area is Manassas, Virginia.

Well, besides the rain, it has been an amazing week, haha! It has rained pretty much every day, almost all day. So that has been interesting on a bike. And when it rains out here, it is different than when it rains in Utah. But that coat that I have is really nice, and it has kept me pretty dry, haha!

Well first, Broken isn't our investigator. He is with the other Elders. But he really likes me and my companion, so we do service for him. It was my companion's birthday this week, so he took us to Logan's (it's like Texas Roadhouse). It was way good! So I don't know how he is progressing, but he is awesome.

Finishing training Elder Massey has been awesome!! He is a great Elder and is extremely bold. I love it! We naturally work really well together, and he doesn't care about numbers (in a good way). He cares about people's salvation rather than just another baptism, which is so great. I love it.

We got a new investigator this week, actually through Ricky. We have appointments with him every Tuesday and Thursday night at a place called Panera Bread (it is like Kneaders *** note from Shannon: It's way better than Kneaders LOL!). It's way good. Anyways, there is this girl who works there named Karen, and after a while she wanted to know who we are and what we do. So we were finally able to meet up with her, which was an awesome lesson. She is a senior in high school and is going to talk to her parents about the missionaries. But her parents only speak Spanish, so we might have to pass her off to the Spanish speaking Elders, if her parents are interested.

This Sunday we had one of our less active members come back to church with her daughter, which was awesome. She got up and bore her testimony. It was amazing. It made mine and Elder Massey's week worth it.

Anyways, I am doing great. The 45 minute bike ride is okay, haha! Doing it a couple times a day isn't the best, but I still love Manassas. I hope that I will stay here for a while. I love you guys lots and miss you!!

~Elder Jensen

A Monumental Week in D.C.

Another Great Week in Virginia