Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Lord's Hand is in His Work

Written by Elder Dallin Remund, serving in the Virginia Chesapeake Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Hello everyone!

I have been uplifted and strengthened in studies, in planning, in finding opportunities, and in the interactions with the ward members.

We had the opportunity to meet up with a man named Javier this week. We have had two other lessons with him and we frequently bring members over to meet him. We find lots of success in bringing out members to our lessons. We brought a brother from the Elders Quorum with us, and he personally invited them to church to hear him speak. Javier's wife, who is terminally ill, who we had never seen until then came out to the living room and asked a little bit about who we were and what we believed in. She is thirsting for answers on the role of Heavenly Father in her life. Having the member there strengthened the Spirit and we will begin to start actively teaching her along with Javier. A tremendous blessing!

This weekend, I received a prompting to give the sister missionaries in our area a less-active sister referral we had given them before during my second week in the field. They had previously called her months ago in which she said she wasn't too interested. I suggested they should go down and personally talk to her. Yesterday, they found out that she recently discovered she hadn't been baptized as a child, explaining why her records weren't in our ward. The Sisters set up an appointment for this upcoming week! This experience strengthened my testimony of the Spirit, the importance of tracting, and the importance of working together.

Last Monday, I got to go to a state park for preparation day called Cliffs of the Neuse! They have a bunch of hiking trails and it was so nice to just get out in nature for once. We're going again today with a bunch more missionaries, so we'll be taking more pictures. I will for sure send pictures next week!!

Last week I started realizing that I didn't have much money left for groceries, and my cupboards were starting to look a little empty. I was praying that I would have enough food to last me for the month. This weekend we were piled with food from members. Unplanned meals have just started happening! Blessings keep pouring out!

I love this area! I have been in Albertson for quite a bit of time, and it really feels like home now. The ward is a second family. There are times where I will miss home, but the members here are so kind and always willing to help with the missionary work. Speaking of family, I started to make a family tree for the ward and it is insane! And it all started from one woman named Amanda Sparrow who was baptized in 1909. Her husband wasn't a member, but now because of her conversion, there are hundreds of members! There is a reason to protect the family!

I'm just about out of time, but I love all of you. I hope your lives are going well. Remember to center your lives on Christ. Do all you can to study the scriptures daily and say your prayers. It is so simple, yet the effects are profound and lasting!

Mucho amor (much love),

Elder Remund

Three Months in Albertson - Going Strong!

Lots of Work and Good Mexican Food