Monday, September 14, 2015

I Put Jesus On The Couch Next To Me - Sister Maren Madsen

Written by Sister Maren Madsen, serving in the Arkansas Little Rock Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

We went on exchanges this week with the STLs (Sister Training Leaders) and it was much needed. I'll send a picture. But we were testifying to N** about how he can find his answers to his problems because he is struggling a lot lately. Then I decided, what the heck, I'm gonna do it with him. So I realized that I had been doing this all along, but now that I have the serape time of "hey, this is how imma get my answer," my studies are so much more exciting (not that they weren't exciting before, but just even more so now).

Yesterday was hard. We dropped two of our investigators and I was just tearing up throughout the whole thing. While we were asking them if they wanted to continue being taught, it kinda got a little contentions. By that point I had just kind of tuned everything out and tried my hardest to think, what would Jesus do? If he were sitting next to me on this couch, how would he address the situation. Hermanas Reed and Simon were just kinda going back and forth and I "put Jesus on the couch next to me " and thought about Judgment Day. How He is their Advocate. And how people are going to ignore him and did ignore him. How the sorrow and plea that I was feeling then was coming straight from Him. He was bearing that with me. I know that.

There were so many points of doctrine that I could have corrected them on, but I kept on feeling like no matter what I had to say, no matter how powerfully true it was, they were not humble enough to hear the answer, nor would they accept it because they are so set in their own beliefs. Simply put, they are just not ready. That was difficult to sit through. So I showed them the "Because of Him" video and bore my testimony and we left. They told us to come back and get some water or hot chocolate in the winter. They are so sweet, and letting them go off and continue being confused is almost inhumane. My heart really just hurts for them. One day though... Tengo fe.

I know that Christ's gospel where we can find the most happiness in this life. I know that we do have living prophet and that he is guided by God. What a blessing the fullness of the gospel is! I never want to take advantage of it. And that's why I am always telling y'all to read your scriptures and find your answers. Develop that knowledge. Because if we aren't moving forward even just a little bit every day, then we are moving backward. I love the knowledge I have gained, and just like President Wakolo said, "The more I learn, the less I realize I know."

I love you family! Never forget how short this life is. We only got one and we might as well use our time wisely while we have this time. I hear the spirit world is lots of work. I love y'all and hope this week is great.

Preserverar haste el fin!

Les quiero!

Hermana Madsen

The Lord Knows What's Up (September 7, 2015)

Graceland  (September 21, 2015)