Monday, August 17, 2015

Reflection - Sister Maren Madsen

Written by Sister Maren Madsen, serving in the Arkansas Little Rock Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Me, my new companion Hermana Reed from Montana and sweet Mr. Hall
I am so happy the hear that the wedding went so well. I'm glad that I have so many pictures to see. I love getting pictures from home. Yeah, sounds super stressful at home! I'll be praying for you guys to get everything done.

This week was... Okay. It was stressful for me too. Taking over the area is a lot of responsibility. I have noticed that I am constantly worried about who (of the investigators) I am forgetting, how many miles we have driven, did we do all we can in every lesson, did we teach enough lessons, and how can I be the most effective. Yeah, missionary work, I love it!

This was a week of self reflection. I feel as though I have just completed a mile stone, but it was one that I didn't want to come to the end of. I'm sorry this letter is going to be short (I know that there is something I am supposed to learn. I just gotta figure it out).

Yesterday we were teaching this couple and it was hard to get them to accept the fact that their church wasn't founded through Jesus Christ. I feel so bad for them. I just wish I knew all the doctrine to help them understand. I am once again understanding the importance of self study. Thanks for everything! I love you so much!

Te amo!

Hermana Madsen

Miracles and Transfer Calls (August 10, 2015)

Latter-day Saints Keep Trying  (August 24, 2015)