Sunday, November 18, 2018

First Email from the MTC - Sister Rebekah Avery

Hey!

So I know that I literally just saw you, but they told me that I should come and email you that I made it safe. My apartment is on the fourth floor, so lugging all of my suitcases was a nightmare. I met my companion already and she's this super cute girl from Southern California.

I'm still feeling a little nauseous, but am fine overall. The lady started speaking to us in portuguese as soon as I arrived in the classroom and I was like, "Uh, help help!!!". My tongue doesn't seem to enjoy the accent as much as it did french, but I am praying that as I continue to study and practice that I will be able to do it. It's like President Uchtdorf said in his talk about gaining a personal testimony, having a righteous motivation can enable us beyond our comprehension.... or accent.

I'm in really good spirits so far and hope that you are too! Give everyone my love, and let them know that I'm going to be safe! Don't let anyone be sad or cry or worry. It's not allowed.

I love you all lots! I don't know when our PDay is yet, but I'll let you know eventually!

Take care! Ciao!
Sister Avery

(By the way, I learned that Irma means "sister" but with added emphasis and authority, like a sister training leader or teacher, so I'm just a sister for now!)

I also just learned that my companion, Sister Van Buskirk, speaks French! So that's cool! She already knows one of the other sisters from our mission and I guess they've been in contact with the other missionaries for several months now. I'm a little out of the loop, but I'm praying it will get better.

The guy just said our Pday is Monday? I'm not sure. Don't count on it, but maybe!

Love you!
Sister Avery

Sister Avery Reports to the MTC (November 14, 2018)

Week One is in The Books! (November 19, 2018)