|My friend from Sitiawan, now in Singapore|
This week I increased my faith by trying to be more honest. I can't think of anything that gauges how prideful we are more accurately than our level of honesty. There are so many different levels of honesty. It can be things as simple as making things seem better or worse than they are, covering your mistakes, telling only parts of the truth, or a complete and blatant lie. I've noticed that there is no one that I deceive more than myself. Being honest with yourself is the first step to self-improvement. You can't know where you are really at and what you have to work on if you are not honest with yourself. When our motives are not the best, when we justify our sins, or when we turn a blind eye to our weaknesses and shortcomings we need to catch it or we will never change. I have full faith that no matter who we are and where we are in life, God can help us to change and become who we want to be, but the only way to access the Atonement and improve is by being honest with yourself and others.
This week we had many miracles. To keep it simple I will list them briefly:
1) We had a member come to a lesson, but the investigator we were planning on meeting with canceled. After saying a prayer with the member we found someone to teach on the spot.
2) We had a really awesome lesson with an investigator named Sa** who has been really tough in the past.
3) We get to work with Elder Ch**, and things are going great despite his current physical condition.
4) We were only one member present lesson shy of our goal, despite only having three full days of proselyting.
5) We had two of our investigators who are on date come to church.
We are still teaching the members regularly. They seem to be getting really pumped. Not only is it helping the work, but we are getting fed the most I have ever had on the mission. We had multiple members report to us this week that they had given out the Restoration pamphlets we had given them.
We did not get as many referrals as we wanted this week, so we definitely need to work on being more persistent with the members when we are asking for referrals. Overall I am so impressed with the Woodlands Ward. It is so nice to be in a ward :) I will never take being in a ward for granted again!
Elder Joshua Avery
In the Woodlands (April 11, 2016)
Kota Kinabalu (April 25, 2016)
|Elders Avery and Lloyd|
|Elders Wimmer and Avery|
|The MerLion and Marina Bay, Singapore|