Monday, October 6, 2014

Winding Down - Sister Lindsey Jeppson

 Written by Sister Lindsey Jeppson, serving in the Arizona Mesa Mission / Mesa Temple Visitors' Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Dear Familia!

I hope you absolutely loved General Conference, because I sure did! I have never enjoyed a conference like this before. Usually I get restless and can't pay attention. But this time was different (I think I have become accustomed to sitting down and listening for a long periods of time). But I feel like a lot of my questions were answered, and I got a lot of advice to move forward these next few months. I read somewhere that General Conference is like getting marching orders. It was so neat, because it was confirmed to me that these men are called of God to be prophets, seers, and revelators. It was amazing!

I really liked how they talked about individual people and individual families. We all need to develop an unshakeable testimony. Each individual member is part of the body of the church. We are all needed. No one person is exempt. Our testimony is what keeps us grounded. If we don't have a firm testimony, then when the storms of the adversary comes, we won't be ready.

We had MLC (Mission Leadership Council) this week. We sat in the front. As we were all waiting for the meeting to start, President came and greeted us all. To me he said, "Well, Sister Jeppson, enjoy your last MLC." Then he left. When he came back, he leaned over to us and said, "You know, if I were Sister Leon or Sister Jeppson, and this was my last MLC, I would be preparing to bare my testimony." And bare our testimonies is what we did. Sister Leon and another Sister went in the beginning of the meeting, and another Sister and I went last. It was so hard because I wanted to cry. And it was a little intimidating because the entire mission leadership was there. I still have like four departing testimonies to give.

Maria and Pablo are coming to the Phoenix Temple open house with us!! So exciting!! I can't wait to go with them. I hope this is what will really help him make the decision to be baptized!

I hope you all have a super great week!

Sister Lindsey Jeppson
Mesa Arizona Mission

Last Week in the Mission (October 13, 2014)

When it Rains, It POURS! (September 29, 2014)