Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Farewell - Sister Lindsey Jeppson

Written by Sister Lindsey Jeppson, serving in the Arizona Mesa Mission / Mesa Temple Visitors' Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Dearest family and friends,

Tomorrow, I leave Mesa and head home. It is a bitter sweet feeling. The feeling I have is similar to the one I had when I left for the MTC (Missionary Training Center). My stomach is in knots, I can't eat (which was great because last night we had three dinners), and I can hardly sleep. I feel like I am leaving my family, and my home. It's weird. Because it doesn't feel real.

I LOVE the people here. Their hearts are kind, they are humble, and they are loving. A lot of them have offered their home for when I return. Even the people I hardly know. My heart as been planted here in Mesa. It will be hard getting it back.

Although my time as a full time missionary is coming to an end, my mission is not over. I received 18 months of life training that I now get to learn how to apply.

Words cannot describe how I feel about my mission. I loved it. It saved my life. It helped me overcome weaknesses and discover other weaknesses that I get to now overcome. It taught me how to love, serve, and trust Jesus Christ and my Heavenly Father.

I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for putting these people in my life. Each one has made a difference in my life and it has been so hard to say goodbye. Thank goodness that I only live 12 hours from them!

I know that this is the only true church of Jesus Christ on the face of the earth. I know that Jesus Christ lives, and that through His atoning sacrifice we can receive forgiveness for our mistakes, which brings relief. He has the ability to heal us.

In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Hermana Lindsey Jeppson

Mesa Arizona Mission

Last Week in the Mission  (October 13, 2014)

Welcome Home, Sister Jeppson!  (October 21, 2014)