Monday, September 8, 2014

Fruit of my Labor - Sister Lindsey Jeppson

Written by Sister Lindsey Jeppson, serving in the Arizona Mesa Mission / Mesa Temple Visitors' Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Dearest Familia!

This past week was crazy. It was transfer planning, so we had to get all ready for the coming transfer. President came and met with us and asked for our suggestions. He used all of our suggestions. This next transfer will be crazy. They took our zone leader and called him to be the new AP (Assistant to the President) and they took our district leader  and called him to be the new zone leader. They also called sister Castillo to  be a co-Visitors' center trainer with me!! I get to train her so she can
take over when I leave. So we are staying together in Tierra Rica AND we will be Co-VCT (Visitors' Center Trainers). This week marks the first week of my last transfer...SO WEIRD!! Can't even believe it.

As far as miracles that went on this week, we had a few. So many tender mercies. I absolutely love being in the Visitors' Center, because I get to share my testimony DAILY, more like HOURLY. The best feeling is knowing that someone was edified by listening to your testimony. I got to meet a lady who wasn't a member. Her member friend brought her to the VC and they watched Joseph Smith, the Prophetof the Restoration. We gave her a Book of Mormon then took her to the Christus to listen. The second she saw the statue, she felt overwhelmed with emotion. She started crying so hard she could barely walk. I didn't know what to do other than wait for her to compose herself. She gave us her contact information and agreed to meet with missionaries. It was incredible.

We also are seeing miracles in our area. We have found a few families (and they all live in houses, not apartments, for the first time in my mission). We have return appointments for them for this week, so we'll see how it goes.

Our recent convert, Pablo, is progressing really well. He is 21 and the only member in his family. He has blessed and passed the sacrament, and he scheduled his own appointment with the Branch President to get a temple recommend, then he found some members to take him to the temple to do baptisms. He did all by himself and then told us about it after it happened.

On Saturday, P** and P** (from my last area who got baptized in June) invited us (and Sister Alcocer and her companion) for dinner. Pa** told us that she was doing her Visiting Teaching, and finding family names for the temple. P**, on the other hand, hasn't done anything. I straight out asked him if he had the priesthood, and he said no. I could tell Pa** was a little frustrated with him. Well, this morning we found P** at Wal-Mart with his nephew. He bought some new dress pants and a tie (before he was baptized he would NOT be caught dead wearing church clothes). He told me that the day after I had asked him about the priesthood, the bishop talked to him and set up an appointment for him to receive the Aaronic Priesthood! I am SOOOOOOOO happy!!

I love being a missionary. It is my favorite thing ever. I am going to be a missionary for the rest of my life! Find and rescue those less active members! They need you!!

Love you all and hope you have a great week!

Sister Lindsey Jeppson
Mesa Arizona Mission

The Rains Came Down and the Floods Came Up (September 15, 2014)

Knock it Off  (September 1, 2014)