Monday, July 7, 2014

Exhausted, but SO Happy! - Sister Lindsey Jeppson

Written by Sister Lindsey Jeppson, serving in the Arizona Mesa Mission / Mesa Temple Visitors' Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Dust Storm!
Dearest familia!

It has been a great week! Many surprises!

First of all... Angela Hopkins came and saw me!! That was a great surprise! I didn't even recognize her! I was ending "God's Plan for His Family," and as I was standing there watching the last screen, when the daughter gets married and the flash back of the grandpa, the door opens and she walked in. Not recognizing her, I invited her to sit down and enjoy the rest of the film. At the end, she was just smiling at me. Still didn't recognize her. I bore my testimony and we had a great spiritual experience. At the end, I thanked her for coming and she was just laughing and said, "You don't recognize me do you?" I suddenly stopped and just looked at her and said no. "I'm Angela Hopkins." Right then I recognized her and of course started crying. We had a great chat. She knows sister Orr's family and they have some mutual friends. Great, great!!

We had MLC (Mission Leadership Council) this week. Quite the experience. A little intimidating, but great. Our zone had the most baptisms in the mission. Crazy, Spanish work is so much fun.

We also had preparation meeting. I gave a training on using Preach My Gospel. We also went on exchanges...Guess who else visited!....Hermana Valladares!! My trainer from Honduras!!! So great!

Our area is doing well! We found this family through the Visitors' Center. We will call them familia Lopez. Anyway, we put them on date for the end of the month. They are awesome. They came to church the past two weeks and loved it. This weekend they went to Las Vegas with their family and came back 5 a.m. Sunday morning, and STILL went to all three hours of church. They are so great!!!

Things are going well!! So exhausted, but so happy!!

Hope you all had a safe, happy Fourth of July!!

Love

Hermana Jeppson

Book of Mormon: What? Who? Why? How? (June 30, 2014)

Becoming Like Christ  (July 14, 2014)