Monday, June 16, 2014

Didn't See THAT Coming! - Sister Lindsey Jeppson

Written by Sister Lindsey Jeppson, serving in the Arizona Mesa Mission / Mesa Temple Visitors' Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Well... This week was pretty eventful. Humbling experiences all around. Plus it's transfer week, so there will be some changes. I guess I'll start with Thursday.

Thursday morning we were suppose to be in the Visitors' Center (VC). I woke up, rolled onto my knees and prayed. Sister Alcocer went into the bathroom and came back while I was praying. When I was done, I found her curled up on her bed moaning. She had just thrown up. She looked so miserable. So I called the VC and told them we weren't coming in. She got a really bad stomach bug. She spent most of the day on the floor, passed out, with a garbage can next to her head. Every 30 minutes she sat up and threw up, then went back to sleep. I studied in the dark for a solid 6 hours. I also disinfected the entire bathroom, and everything else that she touched. We also got a few phone calls from concerned missionaries. One of them was from Hermana Orr. She is a VC Trainer (usually there are two VC trainers, one Spanish and one English, but this transfer we had three. They are like APs, but instead of Assistants to the President, they are assistants to the VC Director. She called and asked how my companion was doing. We also got calls from other missionaries.

Around 3 p.m. we got a knock on our bedroom door. It was Sister Green (the member we live with), Sister Orr and her companion. Sister Orr said, "Come on, we're going on exchanges," So her companion stayed with my companion, while we went to the Visitors' Center. When we got there, I was asked to go to the director's office, only to find President Jenkins. He said, "Oh hi, Sister Jeppson, come on in and take a seat." Long story short, he called me to be a co-VC trainer with Sister Orr. He also released one of the English VC trainers and called another. So instead of there being two, there are four. The new English VC trainer and I will be solo next transfer.

He gave us the rest of the transfer news for the VC sisters, then after he left all four of us got together and started planning the VC schedule for this coming transfer. That was a headache. We had to split all the companionships into teams, then organize temple trips, district meetings, zone meetings, and other meetings, so that the sisters can still be on shift.

President told me not to tell anyone the transfer news, so I knew what was happening since Thursday. So, this next transfer I am going to Guerro Park with Sister Orr, and we will be VC trainers. I will probably be here until the end of my mission.

I think that these last few weeks have been preparation for this. As a VC trainer, we are responsible for training all the VC sisters, giving weekly trainings and training the rest of the mission about using the VC effectively. We also are a part of the mission leadership council.

It will be great.... Prayers would be appreciated.

Sister Alcocer is training!! The sister that I mentored through Facebook is coming in this transfer, and I think sister Alcocer will train her.... I'm going to be a grandma!!!

Anyway, I don't have much time because I have to pack. I love you all!!! Have a great week!

Hermana Jeppson

Fruit of Our Labor (June 9, 2014)