Monday, April 14, 2014

Mesa Easter Pageant - Sister Lindsey Jeppson

Written by Sister Lindsey Jeppson, serving in the Arizona Mesa Mission / Mesa Temple Visitors' Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

(Note to reader: Clicking on highlighted words links to additional information. Some names are omitted for privacy.)

Hola Familia!!


This week was a good week. We were at the Visitors' Center every night for Easter Pageant. Guess who I saw the first night... Maria Christensen! I'm sure you saw the picture on Facebook. I'm surprised it took me this long to run into her. During the actual performance, the Visitors' Center closes so none of the lights are on. So we have the option to watch it, or stay inside and make calls for that hour. We have chosen to watch it every night. It is very cool, because each time that I have watched it, something different has stood out. And this past month, we have been studying about the atonement, so it means something new every time. Studying about the atonement has changed me. My testimony has strengthened so much.

P and P decided that they are going to get baptized next month!! Now they're just deciding on a date. Now he just has to get to church! They invited us over for dinner yesterday and we talked about the atonement, and you can just see the testimony of the atonement in their eyes. It is so special. They came with us to the Easter Pageant on Saturday. They loved it!

Saturday night was the Spanish night. So ALL the Spanish missionaries from all the neighboring missions came and served as hosts. They all were assigned to different sections of the audience and talked to all the people. During Pageant we have averaged less than 10 on sites (people who request to meet with missionaries) every night, and about 15 member referrals or less. On the Spanish night, we got 36 on sites (goal was 35) and 7 member referrals. Is what a great night. I heard so many comments from people of how amazing it was and how great they felt.


So I haven't eaten anything weird on my mission... Until Tuesday... We had a zone meeting, and at the end we had a little zone "activity." We all ate grasshoppers. It actually wasn't bad, it was like seasoned chips. But when they were holding the bag open for me to take one, it looked like they were all moving. Kind of nasty, but hey now I can say I have eaten a grasshopper.

Well, I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Hermana Lindsey Jeppson

Happy ONE YEAR in the Mission, Sister Jeppson! (April 17, 2014)

Covenant Keepers (March 31, 2014)

Happy Easter from Arizona (April 21, 2014)