Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter from Arizona - Sister Lindsey Jeppson

Written by Sister Lindsey Jeppson, serving in the Arizona Mesa Mission / Mesa Temple Visitors' Center, speaking Spanish.

(Note to reader: Clicking on highlighted words will link to additional information. Some names are omitted for privacy.)

Dearest Family,

MOM and DAD!!! What an amazing week! I can't believe you were here!! I wasn't suppose to be at the Visitors' Center (VC) Friday night, but at the last minute someone asked if we could switch, so we did. I suspect that the time you came I was in the back of the VC. I was either at God's Plan for his Family or in the prayer meeting. When we rotated, I went to the break room to get a drink and saw your package, and I thought immediately, oh my parents were here! That was cool.

I saw President that night and he shook my hand and said, "Guess where we're going tomorrow morning. You can still go, if you want." I seriously considered it. I thought I could just sit in the back and leave immediately after. I'm happy you went.

Last night there was a fireside we went to. President was there. When he saw me, he waved me over. So I went up on the stand while he told me how amazing the baptism was. He said it was one of the most spiritual baptisms he has been to.

This week was amazing. We didn't have any time in our area. The one night we had off, we went on exchanges. I have seen the Easter Pageant every single night. I can't even begin to explain the miracles that we have seen. I have met so many people who are prepared. One member brought his intelligent non-member friend and we talked for 45 minutes. We taught all three lessons and then some. I would say something, then the member would testify about it. So cool. I also found a former investigator and he told me he decided to get baptized. So we set a date and sent the local missionaries.

I also met Elder Zwick (he spoke in General Conference). I was outside the VC waiting for a missionary, he came up to me, shook my hand and said, "Hi Sister Jeppson, it's nice to meet you. I'm Elder Zwick." I just looked at him and said, "How come you look so familiar to me?" The other guy with him said (who now I think was his body guard), "Because he spoke in General Conference." I felt dumb, but hey, I met a general authority. And now that I think about it, I am pretty sure he spoke at the MTC (Missionary Training Center) while I was there.

 I love you all so much!! Thank you for everything! I just want to share my testimony that I know that the church is true. I can say with a stronger conviction that I know that Jesus Christ lived and died for me personally. And for every person who has ever and will ever live here on Earth. I wonder how much blood was spilled for me. I love Him, and because of Him, I am here serving.

Hermana Lindsey Jeppson

Happy ONE YEAR in the Mission, Sister Jeppson! (April 17, 2014)

Mesa Easter Pageant (April 14, 2014)

Baptism (April 28, 2014)