Monday, April 28, 2014

Baptism - Sister Lindsey Jeppson

Written by Sister Lindsey Jeppson, serving in the Arizona Mesa Mission / Mesa Temple Visitors' Center, speaking Spanish.

Hola mi familia!

It has been a great week! I love being a missionary. So many great things happened!

First off, Alberto got baptized!!! Let me remind you who he is. I met him with Sister DeMille. We were walking around our area about 8:45 p.m. one night with a member of the church. We saw this random guy on a bike and decided to go talk to him. We gave him a Book of Mormon and testified about it. We asked him if he wanted to learn more, he said yes, and gave us his contact information. We didn't go back after that.

Fast forward a few weeks, and we saw him again. We talked then left. The next day was Sunday and we visited a guy who lived near him and wanted to go to church, but the guy wasn't there. So as we were thinking of who to invite to church, Alberto came to mind so we sprinted to his house. We knocked on the door, invited him to church, he got ready in 10 minutes, and we left. He has gone to church every Sunday since.

After a month, he ended up moving into the Elder's area. We were so sad, but he needed the Elders. Yesterday he got baptized, I played the piano, accompanied a special musical number, and gave the talk on the Holy Ghost. At the end, he bore his testimony and I felt like a proud mother. He told of his experience meeting us and how he read the Book of Mormon and prayed about it. He said that he was so happy to be baptized. I was so happy too!


My brother, aunt, and friends came to see me!
We had interviews with our mission president this week. He usually gives us some questions to think about then we answer it when we get in there. But, he didn't this time. We had something similar to a district focus interview. It was our entire district and president. He asked us questions about what we learned in our studies of the atonement. After that he interviewed us individually. When I went in he said, "Okay, Sister Jeppson, what do you want to talk about?" "Um..." We talked about lots of things. It was great. I love talking to President. He said, "If you want to know what Sister Jeppson looks like, just look at her mom. A good friend of mine said, if you want to know what a calf will look like just look at the cow. If you are dating a girl and want to know what she'll look like in 20 years, look at her mother. Sister Jeppson is in great shape." Mom, according to everyone, we are like twins.


At the Visitors' Center, this lady came in and asked if she could take a picture of the Christus. Is was obvious that she wasn't a member of our church. I asked her if she wanted to hear the narration. She said yes. I explained that what she was about to hear were words of Christ, taken from the Bible and Book of Mormon. After I asked her what she thought, she said, "I couldn't tell what words were from the Bible and which were Mormon." She thought we were a cult. I spent the next hour teaching her about the restoration, about temples, and about prophets. She just took it all in. She accepted a Book of Mormon and all the pamphlets. She wasn't too thrilled about missionaries coming over just yet, but she added me on Facebook! So cool! I love being in the Visitors' Center!

 I love you all!

 Love,
 Hermana Jeppson

Happy Easter from Arizona! (April 21, 2014)

Following the Spirit (May 5, 2014)