Monday, March 10, 2014

Sanctified - Sister Lindsey Jeppson

Written by Sister Lindsey Jeppson, serving in the Arizona Mesa Mission / Mesa Temple Visitors' Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Dearest Familia!

It's good to hear that everything is going well! I cannot believe baby R** is a year old! I hope you had a good time, Brycen, at your birthday! I'm glad you got my card! I talk about you guys with the missionaries I serve with. I have a family picture in my Book of Mormon that I show, and they say I have a precious family! I showed it to a senior Elder who serves in the Visitors' Center, and I told him how old everyone was, starting with Braden. When I said 16 almost 17, he said, "Oh, so this picture was taken a few years ago." Nope, last April.

It was a good week this week. We are teaching some amazing people! I have never met people so prepared. A lot of them are willing to complete commitments, but are a little hesitant to commit to baptism. When we explained to them the importance of baptism, I thought to myself, "Do I really understand the importance of baptism?" So guess what my study was focused on this week...baptism. It was really cool to read. One of the blessings of being baptized is being sanctified. I have heard that word a lot, but I didn't understand the meaning. I looked it up and it said something like being sanctified is being pure, and free from sin. When we are baptized, we make a promise to God, and in return He blesses us. If we are willing, we can be sanctified....pretty cool.

Another thing I learned this week was in D&C 88:74:

 74 And I give unto you, who are the first laborers in this last kingdom, a commandment that you assemble yourselves together, and organize yourselves, and prepare yourselves, and sanctify yourselves; yea, purify your hearts, and cleanse your hands and your feet before me, that I may make you clean;

Revelation I received.... Reaching the celestial kingdom is no easy task. It is something that we have to work for. We can't passively live life... that's boring and not fulfilling. We have to actively live life.

P** and P** are doing well. P** has been listening to the Book of Mormon at work, and is almost done! His personality kind of reminds me of yours, Dad. We were like "P**! Do you think the Book of Mormon is true?" "NO..." "Liar!" *He smirks* "I'm joking!" He's a good guy. His wife is just the sweetest thing ever! She reads everything that we leave! And she's starting to quote scriptures that she likes! They are amazing people! I love them to death!

I love you all to pieces!!

Hope you have a great week!

Love,

Hermana Jeppson

The Book of Mormon Changes Behavior (March 3, 2014)

Happy Birthday! (March 17, 2014)