Monday, March 24, 2014

Killing a Companion is Not Easy - Sister Lindsey Jeppson

Written by Sister Lindsey Jeppson, serving in the Arizona Mesa Mission / Mesa Temple Visitors' Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

(Note to reader: Clicking on highlighted words will link to additional information. Clicking on phots will enlarge them.)

Sister DeMille and Sister Jeppson
Today is Hermana DeMille's and my last day together as companions. And let me tell you something, "Killing" a companion is not easy. It has been an emotional week. Sister Valladares is leaving too. When I drop Sister DeMille off at the mission home, Sister Valladres' companion and I will be companions until Wednesday.

Transfer News!! Can you believe it's already time for transfers?? Usually, we find out transfer news on Saturday and that's when we're suppose to find out, but because everything is electronic now, all of the changes are posted the day before. And because we're in the Visitors' Center (VC), and have an online area book, we see the changes a day early. So I've known what was happening to me since Friday..... ready..

My three in-field companions...two of them are going
home tomorrow.

I'm getting a new companion

I'm Training (well finishing training)

Staying in my area

and Staying in the VC...

My birthday cake
My new companion's name is Hermana Alcocer. She is from Texas and she's 21 (all of my companions have been over 20). She came in half way into the last transfer. She was suppose to come this transfer but because she already knew Spanish, she got to come early! She actually has been on my team/shift in the VC, so I got to know her. She's awesome. I'm excited for the transfer.

We're getting ready for Easter Pageant! It so much fun! Every Saturday, they practice on the stage. It's so fun to see it. It brings back memories, because my first taste of my mission was the Easter Pageant last year. We're practicing how to ask for referrals, how to start and end videos, etc.. Yesterday it got busy, and the new director made a comment on how hectic it was, and I said "Elder, you just wait til Easter Pageant".. he's a little nervous, but he'll be great!
Special birthday present - sweater and matching purse

So much good stuff is going on in our area! Although, it seems as though everyone that we set a date with moves to the Elder's area (still in our ward, different part though) and they baptize them. We're awesome finders.. :) (the Elders had 5 investigators at church yesterday, 4 of them moved from our area to theirs). That just means that there are more people in our area that we need to find :)

We were talking to our ward mission leader yesterday. He is a very sarcastic man. So funny. He's been telling us the last few weeks that he's glad we're in the ward and that he doesn't have to worry about us. Yesterday, he FINALLY told us why.... About a month ago, he came out with us. We had three appointments set. All three fell through. So we hit the streets and the parking lots. The last person we talked to was outside waiting for someone. When he talked with us, we found out that he was having some pretty serious family problems. We talked about how the Savior could help, and invited him to pray right then and there. He didn't take the invitation so we decided to pray there with him anyway. Our Mission Leader told us that not a lot of people can just pray in the middle of the street. He was impressed with how we worked.

These have been the best two transfers of my mission. I hope they just keep getting better and better.

The church is true. It's reconfirmed to me every day.

I love you all! Have a great week! Les quiero!

Hermana Jeppson

Happy Birthday, Sister Jeppson! (March 17, 2014)

Covenant Keepers (March 31, 2014)



The Mesa Visitors' Center Missionaries