Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy Birthday, Sister Jeppson!

Written by Sister Lindsey Jeppson, serving in the Arizona Mesa Mission / Mesa Arizona Temple Visitors' Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

HOLA FAMILIA!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA JEPPSON!! I totally forgot today was St. Patrick's Day, but I did not forget it was your birthday!! I hope everything is well, and I hope you had a fantastic day today! I love you so much!

This cute lady made me "zapatitos" (little shoes),
and she always brings us food. Whenever she sees
 me, she says, "Mi chiquita bonita!"
And Thank you Grandma Beck for the birthday card! I promise I will write back. I just wanted to let you know that I got it!

Yes, it is true... I turn 20 tomorrow. It's a little weird, but it's good. I just can't stop thinking that I'm half way to 40. I thought this day would never come. Tomorrow, I officially will not be a teenager, or in missionary terms, a "baby."

I just wanted to take this time, or this space, to say thank you to you Mom! Thank you for everything! Tomorrow you should do something nice for yourself. I'm just getting older and older, you're the one who did all the work. LOVE YOU!! <<Hugs>>>

Last night I got off the phone with and investigator confirming an appointment for Family Home Evening tonight. About 20 minutes later, she called me again and asked, "Can you come over Tuesday?"

"Lo ciento, hermana, vamos estar en al Centro" (we'll be in the Visitors' Center).

"Oh, okay. Is this Sister DeMille or Jeppson?"

"Jeppson."

"Hermana, porque no me dices es su cumpleanos martes" (Why didn't you tell me your birthday is Tuesday)?

"Hermana, how did you know that?"

"Facebook!"

So Wednesday, we'll have a little lesson and cake! She seriously is the sweetest thing! I love these people. They will give anything to serve. 

Sister DeMille and Sister Jeppson
It has been quite the week. We had Zone Conference, and preparation meeting, and worked at the Visitors' Center, and so many other things. We haven't had full studies for 5 days. That's bad. But all the meetings were good. I played the piano. I also accompanied a special musical number. I played "Come Unto Christ," the new youth theme song for Sister Valladares (my trainer) and another Elder in our zone. It went well. Also, Sister Valladares and Sister DeMille gave their "dying testimonies" (this is the last time they will share their testimony with us before they go home from their missions). It was the most surreal experience because two of my three companions in the mission field are going home. It is so sad. I honestly thought that day would never come, but it's coming and it's scary. We had lunch and we sat with President and Sister Jenkins and they were talking to Sister DeMille about her plans after the mission. Then he looked at me and asked, "Sister Jeppson, what are we going to do with you next transfer?" I don't even want to think about it...

Something that I have been studying is in D&C 138 where it talks about President Joseph F. Smith's vision of the spirit world and how he saw the chosen spirits who would come down in this time and labor in the lord's vineyard. Then, after their mortal lives, they would return to the spirit world and teach those who didn't accept Christ during their life. We will always be missionaries!! It was really cool to make that connection.

I hope you all have a fantastic week!!

Love,

Hermana Jeppson

Sanctified (March 10, 2014)

Killing a Companion is Not Easy (March 24, 2014)