Monday, February 24, 2014

The Secret to Missionary Work - Sister Lindsey Jeppson

Written by Sister Lindsey Jeppson, serving in the Arizona Mesa Mission / Mesa Temple Visitors' Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

I apologize for not writing last week. There simply wasn't enough time...My days are blurring together and I can not remember what happened on what day.

So a few weeks ago we had zone training meeting. We have it once a month and it's where our Zone Leaders tell us goals and give trainings from our Mission President. In the beginning, each district leader gives an overview on how their district is doing. At the end, the zone leaders said, "Sister DeMille and Sister Jeppson, your area has, by far, made the most dramtic improvement. Can you come up here and explain what you are doing?" We were shocked. So we got up there, and told them the secret to success...

Here's the secret: Have faith, exercise exact obedience, and apply what you learn.

There seriously isn't a huge secret to success in missionary work. If you are doing what you are suppose to be doing, and trying your best, the Lord will make up the rest. I have experienced that SO much the last transfer. Sister DeMille and I are both gringos. We can't speak Spanish well. But, with the Lord on our side, we can do anything.


Some of the people we are teaching are not progressing. So this week, we dropped a lot of people. This makes me sad because I love them all and I know the Gospel of Jesus Christ can help them... But I have to be patient. They just aren't ready yet. 
A member of our ward has a boxing ring and invited
us to have a "boxing experience" on our P-day.

There is this one investigator that we have. Her husband is a member of the church, but she is not. She just got a new job and kind of disappeared. We could never get in touch with her or find her at home. So we decided to give her space. Yesterday we stopped by their house to invite them to church. She opened the door dressed in Sunday best, ready to go to church! She was not happy that we hadn't stopped by all that week. She came to church for the first time in 3 months!! And they invited us over for dinner last night!! She kept saying, "I get my work schedule tomorrow and I’ll call you when I get it and we can make appointments for the rest of the week, and I PROMISE I won't forget." YAAA!! I was so happy!

Miracles happen daily here. Something that I do is write down the tender mercies. That has helped me feel the love that Heavenly Father has for me. He is so aware of each of us. It is amazing!

I love you all!!

Thank you for everything!

Love,

Hermana Jeppson

Obedience Brings Blessings (February 10, 2014)

The Book of Mormon Changes Behavior (March 3, 2014)