Monday, January 6, 2014

Transfers and Miracles - Sister Lindsey Jeppson

Written by Sister Lindsey Jeppson, serving in the Arizona Mesa Mission / Mesa Temple Visitors' Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

(**Note to reader: Clicking on highlighted words links to additional information. Clicking on photos enlarges them. Some names are omitted for privacy.)

Well, this week went really well....

Bah, so much has happened this week, it hurts my head to think back that far!

So, Monday and Tuesday, I spent basically saying goodbye to all of the members and investigators. I spent more than a third of my mission in Arboleda...it was SOOO sad. I got pictures, and lots of them told me to invite them to my wedding...(they're all jumping to conclusions, I don't think they'll remember me by the time I get married ;)  It was sad.

Tuesday I had the honor of presenting the Christus to the new missionaries, President and Sister Jenkins, the AP's (Assistants to the President), and the Beckstrands...SOOO scary, but it went well. That night we were at the Visitors' Center. It was dead. No one was there. We did do really well however. This year was amazing! We got more "on sites" than member referrals, which just means more non members came in requesting missionaries! I have seen so many miracles and witnessed answers to prayers. Seriously, being a missionary is amazing.

Wednesday--- transfers... it was so sad. Sister Leon and I are best friends, so being how we are, we just pretended like nothing was happening... But, we went to transfer meeting and the spirit there was amazing. It was just so peaceful and calm and reverent. President talked about resolutions and goals for the mission. Afterward we went home, changed clothes, and went to a tri-stake center for a New Year's party. The WHOLE mission got together and played games. It was like field day. We played human Foosball, volleyball, kickball, beanbag toss, and do you love your neighbor. SOO much fun. Afterwards, we went inside and did skits. Each zone was assigned a scripture story and we did a skit...we had Jonah and the whale. It was so funny! Honestly, missionary humor is pathetic...but it's funny!!

My new companion is AMAZING!! Just like Katie...she is so crazy...Love her to death! We work really well together and we have seen SOOO many miracles. We found three new families this week! One of them actually lives in my old area (I am convinced that I am going to finish my mission in that area). One of them was a complete, jaw dropping miracle. So three weeks ago, Sister DeMille and her old companion saw a man in the parking lot of an apartment complex, invited him to Christmas Lights, then asked if they could stop by later. He said yes.

Fast forward to Thursday...

We were driving around and Sis DeMille said, "Hey, let's go visit this man. I don't remember his name, but let's see.” So we did. We got there and it took the guy a few minutes to remember her, but when he did he invited us in. We went in and talked to him and his wife for a while. Then this is what happened....

* They just moved here from California (because it was getting dangerous there I guess). Everything went smoothly, so they took it as a sign from God that Arizona is where they need to be.

* They went to Christmas Lights (didn't fill out a referral card, however)! They said they LOVED it. They loved how they felt. They told us, "We were actually looking for your church because that's what we want for our family. And you two coming tonight is a sign from God that this is where we need to be." Both of us where speechless. We were like, "Wait! What? Can you repeat that?" I could not believe it!

They want to learn more!! We scheduled a return appointment, and they actually offered to feed us! We also are getting them tickets to the Gilbert Temple Open House (we just found out that each Sister missionary gets an opportunity to host at the open house!!!).

This week was full of miracles! When I get home, you'll have to read my journal because I do not have time to tell you everything.

WELL, it's been a great week and we are looking forward to this coming week! LOVE YOU ALL!! Hope you had a safe New Year's!!

This Church is So true!! Read the talk from Elder Holland, "Lord, I Believe."

Con mucho Amor!!

Hermana Jeppson

Happy New Year from Arizona (December 30, 2013)

Commitment (January 13, 2014)

Hermana Leon sent me this picture after we were
transferred with the caption, "Goodbye, BFF for life!"