Monday, January 20, 2014

Half Way - Sister Lindsey Jeppson

Written by Sister Lindsey Jeppson, serving in the Arizona Mesa Mission / Mesa Arizona Temple Visitors' Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Hola mi amoroso familia! Como estan todos?? Bien? Que bueno! Este semana fue muy muy bien!! (Hello my loving family! How is everybody? Well? That good! This week was very good!)

I haven't talked about it, but I hit my half way mark...and I think I went through a mini mid-life crisis. It really put me in turmoil. I was thinking about the last few months and thinking about who I have become since my first day in the MTC (Missionary Training Center). I had thoughts like, "Am I doing enough?" During personal study, I have been making goals about how I want to change. Which is kind of ironic, because that has been the theme of the transfer.

I'll tell you my goals:

1) Confident - I want to be more confident in myself. I know this church is true, and I know that what I am teaching is true. Then why have I had a hard time testifying to the stranger who is fixing his car? I also am striving to have more confidence in Spanish. Ya, I know I sound super gringa, pero yo se que puedo compartir mi testimonio sin probelmas (but I know I can share my testimony without any problems). I have already seen many miracles. For example, we now have three investigators with a baptismal date.

2) Bold - People won't do anything unless you're bold. I have been walked on too many times... now, when commitments aren't kept, my response won't be, "Oh, you didn't have time, that's okay"...

3) More Loving - I want people to feel the love that I have for them. As you know, Mother, I have "back off" written on my forehead at times. It's changing...I promise :)

Anyway, thank you for letting me rant about my mid-life crisis.

This was an amazing week!!! Our family from California came back! We'll call them Familia Garcia. They came back and invited us to dinner. It was SOOO good! It was an Americanized beef stew (which just means it had less sodium and more vegetables). Afterwards, we taught about the restoration of Christ's gospel. It was powerful. They understood it all, but they just had a hard time accepting that their is a living prophet on the earth today. We're working with it. Our only problem is, they have to work a ton, so we're never able to see them. We call them or text them everyday... BAHH... They'll come around.

Also, sad day...the Beckstrands went home on Friday. We had a farewell meeting with them. We did skits of our favorite memories of them. SOOO funny. We have videos, I'll have to show you later. I am not sure when their homecoming is, but I'll let you know, and you have to go! They live in Bountiful.

The Camerons came in! They are our new directors! They are so amazing. We woke up early today and gave them a tour of the Visitors' Center and sang, "Come Unto Christ" in front of the Christus for them. We recorded it, and it should be on Facebook. Look at the Mesa Temple page for it. But they are great, and I am excited to work with them!

I love you all so much! Thank you for everything!

Con mucho amor!! (with much love!)

Hermana Jeppson

Commitment (January 13, 2014)

Making Tortillas and Memories in Mesa (January 27, 2014)