Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Miracles on Main Street - Sister Lindsey Jeppson

Written by Sister Lindsey Jeppson, serving in the Arizona Mesa Mission / Mesa Arizona Temple Visitors' Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Great week as ALWAYS!

I'll give you a run down:

Wednesday: Temple Excursion & Christmas Party & Visitors' Center longest (but best!) day ever! So we did a temple excursion. Within a span of two days (two separate sessions) all the missionaries in our mission went to the temple. The first half went on Tuesday, then the second half (us) went on Wednesday. We had a small testimony meeting, where we heard the testimonies of our President, his wife, and the Temple President. Then we did an endowment session, where I met a temple worker who happens to be our cousin! She stopped me and said, "Sister Jeppson, we're cousins." I forgot her name, but I think it is Vernita. She's the daughter of Aunt Mary Lou, and she's the second cousin I have met on my mission so far. The first was Jill Jacobs. She took our Christmas picture a few weeks ago. Going into the Celestial room was like a mission reunion! SO MANY MISSIONARIES! It took my breath away! We are as the Army of Helaman :)

Right after our temple excursion, we had a mission Christmas party. It was so much fun. They had hand bells and let us "musicians" try it. I am in love. Let's get some hand bells! We played games, had a great lunch, and even did some service. At the end, Clyde Bodine and Freddy Ashby ("Reflections of Christ", look them up!) played a few numbers. The last hymn they played was an arrangement of Hymn #115, Come Ye, Disconsolate. SO GOOD! They had a PowerPoint of pictures from the reflections of Christ playing in the background. I was going strong until I saw a picture of an angel hugging Christ that looked EXACTLY like uncle Bryce...

In the Visitors' Center (VC) I met a guy who's wife is a Jeppson (spelled the same way). Her family is from Idaho, so we're probably related. Does Pete and Lou Lou Jeppson sound familiar?

Saturday: Visitors' Center & Ward Christmas Party

In the VC (morning shift) I saw this guy with long hair looking at the temple panels that we have. I went to talk to him only to find out that he is a recent convert. So we talked, and within 5 minutes he gave me a member referral. Before Christmas lights, I wouldn't have been able to do that, at least not that quick. I found out that he hadn't been to the VC before, so I took him on a tour, then played "Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration" for him. Afterwards, I taught him a little about apostasy and dispensations. At that time, this guy walked up to us. It was Dad's home teacher in Tucson. It took me a little bit to recognize him. He was the counselor in the singles' ward of the guy that I took on a tour. SMALL WORLD. I have run into lots of your friends dad! It is fun!

Sunday: Visitors' Center

So it was super busy last night. I was floating, which means I just walk around the VC and find people to talk to (my least favorite rotation and the one I get a lot). I was standing in a corner just people watching, and this older missionary called me over and introduced me to two ladies who wanted a Book of Mormon. I gave them each one and asked what questions they had. They asked if Mormons are Christians...kind of funny since we have a giant statue of Christ there for all to see, and our name is, "The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter Day Saints". So, yes, we're Christians, haha! (No, I didn't not answer that way). I said "yah!", and went right into the first lesson. I told them about the first vision in English! First time ever! It was definitely through the Spirit, because I have never shared it in English, only Spanish. It was amazing! The Spirit was so strong! Unfortunately they didn't feel comfortable enough to give me their contact information, but I gave them a Mormon.org card...so who knows.

We just found out that in January three missions in Arizona will have the privilege of meeting and hearing from Elder Jeffery R Holland (Yes! You read that right!)... We're pretty excited :)

Have a great week!!! Have you found that one person to bring to Christ this year?? Remember the talk given by Elder Ballard??

What are you giving to Christ this year?

Love you all!!!

Hermana Lindsey Jeppson

God is our Perfect Parent (December 11, 2013)

Merry Christmas from Arizona! (December 24, 2013)