Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy New Year from Arizona - Sister Lindsey Jeppson

Written by Sister Lindsey Jeppson, serving in the Arizona Mesa Mission / Mesa Temple Visitors' Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

(**Note to reader: Clicking on highlighted words links to additional information. Clicking on photos enlarges them. Some names are omitted for privacy.)

I have had many visitors at the Visitors' Center. This is how it usually goes: We make eye contact, they make a face like, "you look familiar", then they look at my tag and notice I am a "Jeppson", then they say "Sister Jeppson! You don't know me but I was in the same ward as your dad!" Then I say, "6th ward?" They say, "Yup," then it is usually followed by some embarrassing story about Dad. Hence the subject line...How many 6th warders are there?!

Anyway, it was so good to see all of you! Christmas feels like forever ago! Braden sounds like a man, Taylor sounds like a teenager, McKinsey LOOKS like a teenager, and Brycen looks like the same cuddle bug :) My voice came back! It took three days, but it came back. I am so glad that you got time to relax and be together.

This was the BEST Christmas I ever had. It was because it was fulfilling. I spent most the time in the Visitors' Center, testifying of Christ, and talking with SOO many people from all around the world. I have heard the Christus narration hundreds of times in English and Spanish (I could probably recite it to you), Mandarin, Thai, Italian, Russian, Polish, German, I can't remember the rest... I'm going to look for Danish! Next Christmas, I am going to just serve (hold me to it). Being in the place I was, was humbling. A lot of families that we visited basically just had each other for Christmas, and they were so happy. There is his single parent family we are teaching and she has the cutest daughter! We brought them the majority of the candy you sent us (hope that was ok)...We also gave them the ginger bread house kit... Mom you should have seen her face.. She was SOOO excited.

Ok, I am finally getting transferred. I have been in this area for 5 transfers (each transfer is 6 weeks long). I have lived in the same apartment since I got to Arizona. I am going to Liahona 1. There are six missionaries in that ward, so it will be fun. My new companion is Sister DeMille. She has one or two transfers left, so I will most likely be her last companion. She is awesome. To describe her, think of my dearest friend Katie Fuell (who has not written me yet, btw). She is tiny, has brown hair, and is super crazy. We are both "gringas" (Spanish word for white people). We are going to live with members, so that should be fun...Oh and we are going full field which will be good. I am just sad because I have to transfer all my contacts (referrals) from Christmas lights to other missionaries :( But it is what it is, and this is what the Lord needs me to do.

I absolutely love being a missionary. I love teaching people what I know to be true, it is the best feeling to witness someone feel the Spirit. This is the truth, restored in its fullness. Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, the prince of peace, and our older brother. I know that He lives, and I look forward to the time when He will come again and rein over the Earth. Because of him, we have the opportunity to be with the people we love for eternity. This is what happiness is. If you are not happy, turn to your Savior. Let him carry your burdens.

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Lindsey Jeppson

Merry Christmas from Arizona! (December 24, 2013)

Transfers and Miracles (January 6, 2014)

Hermana Leon, Hermana DeMille, Hermana Jeppson

Christmas PJs