Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Transfer News - Sister Lindsey Jeppson

Written by Sister Lindsey Jeppson, serving in the Arizona Mesa Mission / Mesa Temple Visitors' Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

(*Note to reader: If you click on the highlighted words, you will link to more information about the words and phrases Sister Jeppson references in her letter.)

Hola!!

So my mission got new iPads, and mine was a little outdated, so they gave me a new one. Anyway, I lost everyone's email addresses, except for the ones who emailed me today. So if you could all send me an email so I can get your address that would be great! You too, Dad!

TRANSFER NEWS!!! ( I decided waiting for transfer news is like the Hunger Games,)

Ready.....

I am staying with sister Leon (3rd transfer together) and we are staying in Arboleda!! (My 5th transfer in Arboleda)...AND we are going back to the VC (Visitors' Center)!! I'm so excited!!

There are 33 nights of Christmas lights and we will be there 26 of them!! Which means we only get about 7 days of the whole transfer in our area...So this last week leading up to the lights, we will be organizing our area, so the ward missionaries can help us. I heard that the Lord blesses the areas of VC Sisters during this time of the year...

The last Friday of the transfer we have farewell prep meetings to say goodbye to the Sisters who are leaving. Anyway, Sister Beckstrand divided The Living Christ into parts and gave them to each companionship. We then got into a huge circle and in order, we recited our assigned parts...Probably one of the most powerful moments of my mission. The Spirit was incredible. There are no words to describe it. Since that day, I have been making goals for the next transfer, and one of them is to memorize The Living Christ in Spanish.,

Another one of my goals is to study more about the life of Jesus Christ.. How else can we become like Him if we don't even know Him? I am so excited! Words can't even describe it!! I love being a missionary because I get to feel like this ALL them time!

We have had some miracles this week! We have almost set a baptismal date for our investigator Juan (name changed for privacy). He is super smart. He told us that he would pray about it.. We are hoping to set a date with his mom tomorrow! We just have to get her to church. We are day training one of the new missionaries tomorrow, so we'll have her do it :)

With Christmas lights, we had to give up Escondido :( When we told one of our investigators, she was super sad!! So she made us dinner, and gave us flowers. It was super sweet. Our ward mission leader also told us that he would miss us. He said that Hermana Leon and I work well together.

Well, I'm so sorry this letter is all over the place. Good luck understanding it! I love you all!!! The Church is True! Jesus Christ lives! How amazing is this time of year! Thank you so much for all your love and support!!!

Le Quiero mucho!!!!

Hermana Jeppson

Sent from my iPad (November 11, 2013)

Milagros! (November 26, 2013)