Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Milagros! Sister Lindsey Jeppson

Written by Sister Lindsey Jeppson, serving in the Arizona Mesa Mission / Mesa Temple Visitors' Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

(**Note to reader: Clicking on the highlighted words will link you to more information about the phrases Sister Jeppson uses in her letter. Also, clicking on the photos will enlarge them.)

Hola!!!

So this week has been one of the best weeks of my mission!!!!

Tuesday:

We got to day train a new misionera!!! Se llama Hermana Toboada!! Ella es de Bolvia!! So many miracles, all of our plans worked out! It was great!! The greatest one, however, was with "Juan's" mom!!! (Can't remember if I gave her another name yet) so we'll call her Carmen. We took Carmen to the Visitors' Center with one of our amazing members. We watched "Finding Faith in Christ" and went into the "Teaching of Modern Day Prophets" exhibit. In there, Hermana Leon extended the invitation to be baptized...And she said...YES!!!

However, she works a TON, so we hardly ever see her...

Yesterday, we had meetings, so we couldn't stop by her house to remind her about church, and she wouldn't answer her phone. So we got a member to go over to her house and get her...SHE CAME!!!! She loved it! Her favorite part was Relief Society. We had to leave early because we had a shift at the Visitors' Center, but we got a text from her that said, "Hermanita perdón la pregunta cuando dijiste que es la fecha para bautisarme? Y que se necesita??" Hermana, forgive the question, but when did you say was the day that I would be baptized and what do I need? After we read that, we both started screaming!!! Happiest day ever!!

We also got three other investigators to church and the Elders got two. In total, there were six investigators at church!! It was amazing!!

On Saturday, I woke up to a lovely text message from the Executive Secretary asking if I would give a talk on Sunday (the next) day because the person that was suppose to couldn't... Yes, in less than 24 hours I was given an invitation to speak, prepared a talk, and delivered a talk.. In a language that is not my first... And the fact that it was a missionary's homecoming was the cherry on top...It went well.

In the Visitors' Center, we are suppose to clean out our online area books in preparation for Christmas lights. Because I was full field, I transferred most of my contacts. But I did have a few who were marked as "other." So I started calling, and found out that one was progressing and another is getting baptized this week!!! MILAGROS (Miracles)!!!!

We also opened the Nativity exhibit!! There are 115 different nativities from all around the world. I'll take pictures and send them next week!!! One of the rotations is the nativities, so for about an hour a day, I get to be in there... It is so peaceful and the Spirit is so strong!!! Love it!!

Something I realized this week..... I use about three different proselyting methods...
1) Tracking - knocking on doors, asking for referrals from members, non members, etc.
2) Visitors' Center/phones - I call and email people all around the world
3) Online - we use Facebook

I can get to anyone, or get other missionaries to anyone. If you have someone you would like me to contact, with your help, I would love to do it!!! Just email me or send me a message on Facebook!!!

This is the work of salvation!! And it's hastening!! Do not hesitate to share the gospel with the people you love!!

Oh, and Mom, for Thanksgiving we are having a dinner with the Beckstrands and dinner with some members in our ward.

Tenga un buena semana (Have a good week)!!!

Le Quiero (I love you!)

Hermana Lindsey Jeppson

Transfer News (November 20, 2013)

Thanksgiving in Mesa (December 3, 2013)

Testing Christmas Lights
Hermana Leon and Hermana Jeppson

Making cookies!




Zone activity!! It was a ice cream relay race. Our teams were
 our districts. There are 3 districts in our zone. Most districts
have four companionships. Ours had two. Anyway, one of
our events was the "sundae" one. Sis Leon stood over and
made an ice cream sundae my dropping the contents in my
mouth. Who's ever was the cleanest won... We won!!