Monday, October 7, 2013

We're Going Full Field!! Sister Lindsey Jeppson

Written by Sister Lindsey Jeppson, currently serving in the Arizona Mesa Mission / Mesa Temple Visitors' Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Hola mi familia!!

Sooooo, how was General Conference?? I LOVED it!! It was a amazing! Conference as a missionary is amazing! I watched two sessions in Spanish and two in English. My favorite ones were Elder Holland, President Eyring, and Elder Ballard. I love how everything ties back to the basics- reading the scriptures, praying, and going to church. These are the things that build a solid foundation. Without them, testimonies are weakened. Plus, I love the emphasis on missionary work!! :):):)

TRANSFERS!!!!

Drum roll!!!

I'm staying in the area. This will be my fourth transfer here! Sister Leon and I will still be companions!!!!

AND

WE'RE GOING FULL FIELD!!! That means that we'll be out of the Visitors' Center (VC). Every Sister will have 2-3 full field transfers. Mine starts Wednesday. But no worries, we'll be back next transfer for Chirstmas lights (which I can't even believe). I feel there are things I need to experience during full field. Plus, there is a TON of work in our area. We're excited!

This week we had a few interesting experiences in the VC.

1) Hermana Leon and I experienced our first "anti" Mormon. That was interesting. We heard tons of stories about anti's. They say that they are super nice at first, then they try to destroy your faith. The second I realized he was anti, I put a wall up and did not let anything he said affect me. He kept asking us trivial questions about church history. We let him have is fun until security got there. It was great.

2) A man came in. His mother passed away and he was SUPER depressed. We had a good discussion about the Atonement, then I asked him to pray. He did it. He came in a few days later and thanked me, and said that every since that night he was able to feel hope again. So needless to say, I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!

I hope all is going well for you!! I love being a missionary!! Have a great week!!

Con mucho AMOR!! (With much love!)

Hermana Jeppson

A Week of Revelation (September 30, 2013)

Proselyting in Arizona (October 14, 2013)

The cutest lady ever! She brings us food at the
Mesa Temple Visitors' Center.

My study area in our apartment.

Hermana Leon and I working at the Visitors' Center.