Monday, October 14, 2013

Proselyting in Arizona - Sister Lindsey Jeppson

Written by Sister Lindsey Jeppson, serving in the Arizona Mesa Mission / Mesa Temple Visitors' Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Hola!!

So did you get that video with all the missionaries singing that EFY (Especially for Youth) medley?? I didn't know if your number changed or not, so I wasn't sure if you got it. The lady that recorded it hosted a zone activity for us, so we sang for her. It was pretty powerful singing it as a missionary. She said that she would post it on YouTube under Hermosa Stake Missionaries, or something like that.

I just have to say, I am very proud of all of you! Thank you for examples and your desire to hasten the work. I love it!

So, being full field is quite the experience (***Lindsey is referring to her transfer from the Mesa Temple Visitors' Center to a regular proselyting area). It's been quit an adjustment because we have to plan for the full day instead of half of the day. It's tough to know where to focus our time, but that's a battle constantly fought. I'm understanding Spanish better and better everyday. I go by key words, so I can get the gist of conversations, but I'm not too great at details yet. One Hermana (Sister) in our ward (congregation) said, "Remember when you first got here? You didn't understand anything." .... how could I forget?! I love this ward. I know all the members (well, all of the active ones anyway). They're, like, my life.

We've been fasting and praying for this ward. They are all so amazing, they just need a little help. Because 80% of the wards are converts, this life style is relatively new, so they haven't quit adapted.  But we are making progress!! General Conference was a great motivator. You can feel the missionary excitement running through the ward. It's amazing!

We watched one of the training videos on the "Hastening the Work" website for Ward Mission Leaders, and something that stood out to me was that investigators are the ward's, not the missionaries'. As a missionary, I'm here as a resource to invite others to come unto Christ. Missionaries come and go, but the ward stays there. It is vital that members are active in missionary work, because that's where the success comes. It changed my view :) This is why we're focusing more on the members.

A goal our Mission President gave us is to read Preach My Gospel, cover to cover, by the end of this transfer. I would encourage all of you, future missionaries especially, to join the Arizona Mesa Missionaries in the goal :) I promise that you'll see miracles in your own efforts as missionaries as you strive to be "Preach My Gospel Member Missionaries."

Thank you so much for your continuous prayers, love,and support. I feel so blessed to have such a great support system! It makes things better!! :)

Le quiero mucho!!

Hermana Lindsey Jeppson

P.S. All the missionaries in our mission got Facebook!! Make sure you're using social media for Good!!!!

We're Going Full Field!!! (October 7, 2013)

Another (yes, TWO!) Area for Sister Jeppson (October 23, 2013)

Mesa Arizona Temple
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Taken by Sister Lindsey Jeppson