Monday, October 28, 2013

Good Things Come from Plan B - Sister Lindsey Jeppson

Written by Sister Lindsey Jeppson, serving in the Arizona Mesa Mission / Mesa Arizona Visitors' Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

Hola mi familia!!

Thank you for the package!! It was really good to hear from you! I promise response letters are on the way:) And thank you for sending something to Sister Leon. It really meant a TON to her. Do not hesitate to write missionaries!! Really, a letter showing your love and support goes a LONG way. Show your love by writing a missionary!!

So this week was crazy, but good. Having another ward is awesome. It's just a little tough to balance time and to find members to come with us because our plans are hardly set. But, we're getting a rhythm. I have a ton of experiences every day, I just don't even know what to tell you...

So last Sunday, our lesson fell through. We went to our backup, which was visiting an investigator we haven't seen in almost two months. She works a ton, so she's rarely there. Well, she was there, AND we found out that she's been trying to get in touch with us because she wants to come to church!! We sat on a picnic table, just outside her apartment, and chatted with her a bit. As we were talking, her car alarm went off. Her 17 year old son (who's been having some rough times) came sprinting out, thinking something was wrong. When we realized it was just the horn, he grabbed the keys, turned it off, then came and sat with us. They said they were interested to learn. So we set another time to meet, said a prayer and left.

The next day, we visited her son. He said,"Sisters, the craziest thing happened. After you left, the car went off two more times. So I went and (actually I'm not sure what he did...he took something out so the horn wouldn't go off)...I opened the glove box and in there was the Book of Mormon and that one yellow book (the Restoration Pamphlet)." It was a sign, haha. Anyway, we talked to him about his expectations from us and our expectations from him. He really wants to change his life, and he's really interested. We were so happy!!

In our new ward (congregation), we went and visited a less active member. She is so sweet. I actually didn't know she was less active until after we met her. Anyway, she called and asked that we come by because she has a few questions about the church and she didn't feel comfortable asking the other missionaries. But she likes us so she's willing to talk with us!! WHOO!! One soul at a time!!

This church is true! With the Preach My Gospel challenge our Mission President gave us, I've learned so much. Reading it strengthened my testimony of the Restoration. I'm understanding more and more the importance and the need for a Restoration. I'm also understanding more and more how to explain it so OTHERS can understand the need for a Restoration. My eyes are being opened to things I've never thought of before. I feel that growing up in the gospel, I've gotten bits and pieces, and now they're all coming together. It's making more sense and my testimony is being strengthened every single day.

I have a testimony of this gospel. I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that God loves EACH and EVERYONE of His children. I feel the love He has for EACH of His children. It is amazing.

I hope you all take the time to study the scriptures and words of the Prophets so you can build your relationship with your Heavenly Father.

I love you all!! Thank you so much for your love and prayers!!

Le quiero mucho!!

Hermana Jeppson

Another (yes, TWO!) Area for Sister Jeppson (October 23, 2013)

God is the Same, Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow (November 4, 2013)