Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Another (yes, TWO!) Area for Sister Jeppson

Written by Sister Lindsey Jeppson, serving in the Arizona Mesa Mission / Mesa Temple Visitors' Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

HOLA Mi familia (Hello my family!)!!

Sooo...I’m glad that you got that video. Three different people told me that you called them. 1) the Visitors' Center 2) the family that sent it 3) my Zone Leader's parents... did you call anyone else?? HA! HA! It made me laugh. Dad, I know it's hard, but I'm only like 12 hours away :) It made me feel loved!!!

This week as been off the wall crazy. A few weeks ago, we had Zone Conference. And basically the whole thing was about repentance and being clean. Within the last few weeks about 10 missionaries went home. I think that is so brave! I look up to each of them. They are using the Atonement and making decisions to be better. So with this change, we got call on Tuesday from the President (a week after transfers). My heart was racing. I answered and he said, "Hi, Sister Jeppson, what time does your church start?" I told him and that was the extent of the conversation. I was thinking, "Huh, well the President's coming to our Sacrament Meeting on Sunday...... mmmm... not quit two hours later we got a call from the Assistants (to the Mission President). Oone of them is from New Zealand and has a really cool accent- just picture it as you're reading what I'm about to write :)

"Hello, Sistas. How are you today?"
"Very good, Elders. How are you?"
"Very good, Sistas. There's been some changes and we've got the assignment from President to inform you about them."
--my heart sinks, and my mind is racing with all the possibilities--
"Ummm...okay."
"You're in the Arboleda South area, correct?
"Yes."
"Well in addition to that area, you and your companion are getting another area, Escondido Branch."
"Wait, so we'll have two areas?"
"Yes."
--WHAT??!!--

So, along with our first area, we are white washing another area!! White washing means that BOTH missionaries are new to the area. Having two wards in Spanish is very rare because the ward boundaries are huge. But we're excited! Maybe this is why we went full field. The Lord as put tremendous trust into us, and I feel so blessed and humbled by it. We went to church with them for the first time yesterday (two wards = 6 hours of church!). They are amazing. I feel so much love from them! They are so receptive to us. A number of the members came up to us and gave us their phone numbers, and told us when they are free they will come out with us. I wanted to cry.

This week we have seen SOOO many miracles from planning, setting goals, and working to meet those goals. It is amazing to feel the Spirit work through you.

Yesterday, there was a fireside (devotional meeting) that we were planning on taking our investigator to. It seemed so set in stone that we didn't make back up plans. Lesson learned: ALWAYS HAVE BACK UP PLANS because it fell through. So, we decided to go visit members in a trailer park. As we were driving away, we passed a member's house, and in my head I heard, "Stop, and go visit them." I ignored it, then was reminded of a commitment we had given to members an hour before..."Always yield to the promptings of the Spirit." I stopped the car, and turned around.

My companion asked, "What are we doing?"
"We're going to visit this family."
"Why?"
"I have no idea."

We found a Mormon Message we could show, then went in. Their friend (who is not a member of our church) was there. We kind of ruined "boys' night," but I felt so inspired to go. We shared our message, I bore my testimony, and we left. We'll see what happens.

I'm running out of time, so I'll share more miralces later!! Have a great week!!! I love you all soooo much!! Thank you so much for your prayers, love and support!! This is the Lord's work!!

Le Quiero Mucho (I love you so much)!!!

Hermana Lindsey Jeppson

Proselyting in Arizona (October 14, 2013)

Good Things Come from Plan B (October 28, 2013)