Monday, August 12, 2013

Putting on the Armor of God - Sister Lindsey Jeppson

Written by Sister Lindsey Jeppson, currently serving in the Arizona Mesa Mission / Mesa Arizona Temple Visitors' Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaking Spanish.

HOLA!!!

Things are great here in Mesa!! We've been very busy this transfer. We have so many meetings and trainings, it's crazy! But Great!!

Last week, we got to go to the Temple! It's such a blessing to have a temple so close! I get to see it EVERYDAY!! And we're so blessed to have the opportunity to attend a session every transfer! The temple TRULY is the House of God. The Spirit is SO strong and it feels like that's were I belong! It's great to have a change, to leave all worries of life at the door, and just enjoy the spirit.

This week we have a mission tour. Craig Cardon of the Seventy is here and is going to give us a training. I'm not sure what to expect, but we were asked to prepare spiritually by fasting, praying, reading the scriptures, and by reading his talk from the April 2013 General Conference called, "The Savior Wants to Forgive." That will be tomorrow, and I'm SOO excited!!

Next week we have a training from one of the people who is in charge of all the Visitors' Centers. They’re going to go through the visitor center and see what enhancements they need to make! It should be exciting!

VISITOR CENTER

So with having a VC Trainer as a companion, we get to do a LOT of exchanges. We do about two a week (they're only in here in the VC, so I only have a different companion for 6 hours). I learn a lot from these Sisters. Everyone is different, but we're the same in purpose. I love seeing the variety of sisters that we have here!

On one of our exchanges, my temporary companion and I were asked to do the "Armour of God" presentation. A little background. The armor of God presentation is rarely ever done. So I didn't get trained on it. I had no idea what it was. What it is, we read a scripture in Ephesians about the armor of God, and while you read it you dress a kid up in the Armour costume that we have. So this presentation is for kids. But, the missionaries that were coming in brought adult investigators. So as we were preparing, we had to keep them in mind. I was nervous, honestly, but after we started the Spirit definitely took over. That was probably the most spirit guided lesson that I have participated in! It was so cool. We just asked inspired questions and the investigators, missionaries, and the members that were there talked. It was very cool. One thing that stood out to me was when we were talking about the Shield of Faith. When we asked the investigator what the role of the shield was, she said, "to protect your weak spots." Relate that to faith...and think and ponder on that for a moment....

AREA

We've been teaching this 18 year old boy. We'll call him John. John is the oldest of six kids. He and his family have been taught by the missionaries for the last year and a half. His mom is so nice and is so willing to learn, but when it comes to keeping commitments, she's not interested. But I think that the spirit is working in her, so we'll see. Anyway, John... He is so interested in the gospel! And loves to learn! He's a little nervous about committing to baptism, so we're working on prayer with him and how he can receive answers. He actually came to church for the first time yesterday!! YEAH!!! Whenever we go to his house to teach him, his mom is there, and at least three of his siblings come and listen! They're so cute! We have hope that this family will be baptized!!!

STUDIES

In preparation for the mission tour, I've been studying about the atonement. And the spirit has opened my eyes and my heart to the blessing of the Atonement. I love my Savior Jesus Christ! He is my rock and my salvation! Through Him, I know that I can live happily with my family forever! If you have time this week, read about the Atonement in True to the Faith. And not only read it, but study it. Read the scriptures that are given!

Have a great week! And remember to pray for missionary experiences!!

Le quiero mucho,

Hermana Jeppson

Technology and Fellowshipping in Arizona (August 5, 2013)

Great Things Happening in Mesa (August 19, 2013)