Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Sister Jeppson's Last Day at the MTC

Written by Sister Lindsey Jeppson

Quierdo mis Padres (Parents),

So this is my last day at the MTC. The MTC was like a spiritual boot camp. I was torn down and built up. And it was all between me and the Lord, my teachers, Branch President, and guest speakers – who all served as instruments. I’m not going to lie, the first few weeks were tough. But I feel it was necessary. I have learned so much here. My entire outlook on life has changed. I think you would definitely be able to tell the difference in me, if you saw me.

On my first day of visitor center training, my teacher told us how we were called. When our picture showed up on the screen, the brethren knew immediately – “that Sister is a Visitor Center Sister.”  They look at our smiles, and they look for a testimony of the Atonement in the eyes.

I want to thank you for that. Because I’m your daughter, I got all of my qualities, looks and characteristics from you. And I didn’t gain my testimony from nobody, you both played a big, big role in my developing testimony. SO THANK YOU!

I am so happy! Every time I learn something that adds to that happiness, the first thing I want to do is share it with the people I love … which is you!!

Anyway, I’ve been thinking of something that I’ve learned that I can share with you.   And I think that the greatest thing I’ve learned, or experienced, is the love of our Heavenly Father for me AND for all His children. And also, I’ve learned how to recognize the promptings of the Holy Ghost, as well as receive inspiration. Inspiration comes from all over the place. I’ve really learned how the Lord communicates with us, especially through the scriptures.

The MTC experience is really determined by attitude. If you have a positive attitude, you’ll have a positive experience. If you’re negative, it will be the longest few weeks of your life. I sincerely loved the MTC. I’ve learned a ton about everything, and I’ve made a lot of amazing friends.

Truly and sincerely, thank you for your love, prayers, and support. They have made all the difference.

Missionary work is amazing!  Remember your role as member missionaries!  And help out those missionaries in our Stake. Give referrals, answer their questions, and talk with them – they are real people, I promise!  I love you TONS!!!

Te Quiero,

Hermana Jeppson

Visitors' Center Training  (May 31, 2013)

First Week in Mesa (June 10, 2013)

Sister Jeppson and Sister Creek


There were an estimated 200 missionaries at the airport, leaving for their assigned missions

Lindsey sees people she recognizes!

Louie and the boys came to say goodbye

Checking in for her flight to Mesa

Making sure her bags get on the plane!