Friday, May 3, 2013

We All Have a Responsibility to be Missionaries! - Sister Lindsey Jeppson


Written by Sister Lindsey Jeppson

HELLO FAMILY! Thank you for all the pictures! It's nice to see that you still exist! That's super cool to see that you went to the airport to pick up Joe! How was that by the way??

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRADEN!!!! Sorry I didn't send you a card, but I have a letter coming your way.

So, our investigator, Claudio, is now our teacher, Hermano Arnold. He is a super great teacher. We also got another new teacher, Hermana Ayala. She and her twin sister served missions in the United States. They arrived at the Provo MTC at the same time, were companions, and learned English. She is SOO amazing. Both Hermano Arnold and Hermana Ayala are our 'investigators'. We teach almost everyday. And let me tell you, it definitely isn't easy. But what great thing is ever easy?

So this past Sunday, we had amazing meetings. In Relief Society, Sister Bonnie Oscarson (the new General YW President) talked to us. She told us that her husband got called as a Mission President in Sweden when she was 25 and expecting their 4th child!! Talk about crazy!! She also spoke about Jacob 5, the allegory of the olive tree. If you aren't familiar with that chapter, I definitely would go read it. We also had a devotional given by Stephen Allen, I think. Anyway he was asking some elders what they gave up to come on a mission:

Stephen Allen: "What did you give up Elder?"
Elder 1: "Taylor Swift."
Stephen Allen: "We are so glad that you did. How about you Elder?"
Elder 2: "My girl."
Stephen Allen: "Well, on behalf of RM's everywhere, thank you for your donation!"

This past week, an Elder in my district got super sick. He missed a few days of class. The sickness slowly made it's way to the rest of the Elders and one of the sisters. I was so paranoid about getting it, I sanitized everything and made them all wash their hands. I was going strong until Tuesday night. Yup, I got the most nasty cold. Tuesday night was the worst night of my life. I went to bed with the chills and woke up in the middle of the night in a sweat. I slept ALL day and didn't go to any class. I was doing good Thursday, but then I woke up this morning feeling terrible. But I'm getting better. It comes in waves.

We seem to have a hard time teaching with the Spirit. I found myself getting super discouraged. But, last night Hermana Ayala was pretending to be a contact whose son died and didn't believe in God. She asked us to do a role play teaching of the plan of salvation in English. All members in our district acted as one companionship. It was so amazing, the Spirit was strong, and we all were able to work in unison. It was great. She also shared a quote with us that kind of stuck with me, "Questions invite revelation." Afterwards, we watched a Mormon Ad about the Atonement, and she invited us to kneel in prayer and ask Heavenly Father what we need to do to be better. I did it, and I got my answer. I encourage you all to kneel in prayer and ask Heavenly Father what you can work on.

This week, I was thinking how important missionary work is and how we all have a responsibility to be missionaries. The Lord is hastening his work. And we all can be apart of it. It is super cool. All of you youth preparing to go on missions, work hard. Read Preach My Gospel and pray for missionary experiences. Act on inspiration, no matter how weird it my seem.

This gospel is amazing and it blesses lives!!!!

I love you all! Thank you for all your letters, prayers, and support!!

Love,

Hermana Jeppson

Sister Jeppson's Second Week in the MTC  (April 26, 2013)

The Gift of Tongues (May 10, 2013)





DECA Officers and Elder Nestman. In the back is Elder Benson saying, "Wooo, Hermana Jeppson!"

Most of the Elders in Lindsey's MTC Zone

Sisters at the MTC Map

Most of the sisters in Lindsey's MTC Zone