Friday, May 10, 2013

The Gift of Tongues! - Sister Lindsey Jeppson

Written by Sister Lindsey Jeppson

HOLA!!

Thank you for all the letters! And thanks to the Founders Park 10th Ward Young Women. I had a huge grin on my face when I read your cards. You are all so sweet!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOM!!! I'm sorry I can't call, but I have a special note for you!!
CONGRATS BRADEN (for being ordained a Priest)!! I'm SO proud of you!! You'll do great on Sunday (blessing the Sacrament).

So this week, we were walking to class and I saw these two Elders praying. It wasn't in English. I was curious as to what language it was, so I listened. And then I realized that it was Elder Madsen speaking! Holy Cow!! He was speaking in full on Danish!! It was so great!! It's funny. Now everytime I see him he'll say "Hi", "I love you", or "what" all in Danish. And it totally comes out naturally for him now.

Spanish is great. Everything from high school is coming back. I understand the grammar principles, but now I have to start using it. That's what we are working on. Our entire district made a goal to speak in as much Espanol as we can.

This week has been so great! On Sunday we had a devotional from Chad Lewis. They introduced him as a NFL player, and I didn't believe he was a NFL player until he started showing us pictures from when he played. It was a really good devotional. It was like a pep talk. So great!!

So, we've been struggling with bringing the Spirit into our lessons. I was reading in "Preach My Gospel" under Christ-like attributes, and I read humility. It said, "Being humble is accepting the Lord's will and and giving Him the honor." So we were going in to teach our investigator Juan (first, he was our investigator Claudio, then he became our teacher, his real name is Hermano Arnold, and now he's our investigator, Juan), and I freaked out. I didn't know what we were going to do. We decided to teach him about faith, repentance and baptism. Before we started, we went to the restroom and I stood in the stall and I just prayed. I prayed for humility and for the Spirit.

We went into the lesson and it was going good, but I could tell that the Spirit was lacking a bit. As my companion was speaking, I prayed for her and for inspiration. We began talking about baptism and I gestured to her to extend the invitation to be baptized. She asked him, and he told us that he was baptized as a baby and then again when he was older, into the Methodist church. I got the impression to go back and talk about the Great Apostasy and Joseph Smith. So I did.

Then, all of the sudden, I started talking about the first vision. It just came out in Spanish. I'd worked on memorizing it the week before, but I never have been able to say it all the way through. IT JUST CAME OUT!! I was SOOO filled with the Spirit, like I can't even express it. I looked into his eyes, and HE WAS CRYING!! So after I explained the first vision, we extended the invitation to be baptized again, and guess what..... HE SAID YES!!!!!!!!! It was by far the best lesson ever!! After the lesson, I was just in shock. It took me a good 30 minutes to get back to normal. After the lesson, I said a silent prayer expressing my gratitude to my Lord. It was amazing.

The MTC continues to be amazing. I learn SO much every day. I guess I kind of have to, considering I'm in class 16 hours a day. I love it! Another thing that I gained a super strong testimony of this week is the Book of Mormon. We've been stressing how important the Book of Mormon is in the conversion process. We were watching a video clip on the Book of Mormon, and something inside of me just changed. It was a good feeling. My love for the Book of Mormon strengthened. I now read the Book of Mormon everyday with a purpose. I encourage you to read the Book of Mormon, daily, and with a purpose. It makes it so much more meaningful. My investigators are my purpose for reading.

Another amazing thing is the Priesthood. Can I tell you how amazing it is to be surrounded by worthy Priesthood holders? The Priesthood has blessed us so much. One of my roommates got a super bad case of bronchitis, and she asked for a Priesthood blessing. She is still sick, but the Spirit that was felt was so incredible. The Priesthood is amazing!!!!

I love being a missionary!! Thank you for all your support and love!!!

Te amor,

Hermana Jeppson

We All Have a Responsibility to be Missionaries  (May 3, 2013)

Super Fun and Super Busy (May 17, 2013)


Mi Districto! Elders Phillips, Beson, Wilson, Bigelow, and Hermanas Rosen, Uele, Huffman, Jeppson (me), Call

Our room at the MTC

Another walk to the Provo Temple

Elder Flake (a friend from middle school) and Sister Jeppson

Sister Jeppson and Elder Isaac Smith (a friend from high school)