Friday, April 26, 2013

Sister Jeppson's Second Week at the MTC


April 26, 2013

Written by Sister Lindsey Jeppson

HOLA!!!

I don't know where to start on this. Throughout the week I think of what I want to say, then when I sit down I forget. But luckily, I wrote down all my thoughts this time.

So my third day at the MTC we taught our first investigator, in Espanol!! His name is Claudio. And we've been teaching him almost every day. And let me tell ya, teaching in a language that you barely know is the most humbling experience. My companero y yo had no idea what we were getting ourselves into. We taught him the first discussion (attempted...epic fail), then about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon, then about prayer, then about baptism. If you stood in that room as a fly on the wall, you would be embarrassed FOR me. But all is well, I'm taking it as a very valuable learning experience. This is why... after each discussion I was getting super discouraged and I was thinking "peace out, I'm going home." But then, yesterday in class we watched a clip from "The District". It was a baptism. And, oh my word, the Spirit was SOOO strong. I realized how much faith I was lacking, and I was reminded of our purpose as missionaries, "to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through Faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end." (totally typed that with out looking at my book!). I broke down into tears and gained that excitement again. SIDE NOTE- starting today, Claudio won't be our investigator anymore, he instead will be our teacher. THIS is gonna be interesting.

My companion is from Tonga, as previously said. And in their culture, they are super friendly and super laid back. So she's always stopping to talk to any missionary who is (or looks) Tongan, and we're always late. But we're learning from each other. I'm learning not to be so uptight with the time, and she's learning the 'American Way' (how she says it) of doing things. We are definitely getting closer and more united. She is so so so funny and has such a strong testimony. She's like a walking scripture. She can give a scripture from any book for any situation. Love it.

I have a love, hate, and hate even more, relationship with Spanish. Everything I learned from High School is coming back!! But, it gets kind of overwhelming when I'm studying. On the positive side, I think we've finally established a routine for studying more effectively. I'm understanding Spanish better and better every day. It's quit amazing that gift of tongues. Also, Spanish has definitely helped strengthen my faith in Heavenly Father.

So this Wednesday, all the new missionaries came in. Such a relief not being the new bee anymore.  When I saw them, I got a sense of anxiety. I'll be honest. The first three days at the MTC are hard and overwhelming. But come Sunday, it's the BEST place ever!! I love the MTC! Such a strong spirit. It truly is amazing. So all you new missionaries out there, don't be nervous. The MTC does take time to adjust to, but it's an amazing place!!

The sister's in my district are getting super close. Because we spend so much time together, our personalities are coming out strong. We laugh together, cry together, and best of all, share testimony together. I love these sisters. The elder's on the other hand... Just kidding, I love them too. Some take a little more effort to love than others, but never the less... love them all... We're one big happy family.

Seriously, I love being a missionary. I've been so blessed. Heavenly Father is hastening His work and it is so exciting to be apart of it. I know that Heavenly Father loves all of us. We are so precious to Him. And all He wants is for us is to follow the example of His son, Jesus Christ, so we can return home to him. We can always do something more to be a little better. Love your neighbor. Be an example to all of your peers. Let the light of Christ shine so bright in your countenance. This gospel is SOO AMAZING!! It has brought so much joy into my life, and I can not wait to share that with God's children in Arizona. Remember, you don't have to be a full time missionary to share the gospel. EVERY MEMBER A MISSIONARY!! (totally have chills running up and down my spine!!!)

I love you all SOOO Much. I absolutely love receiving and reading the letters you send me. It gives me something to look forward to after studying all day. I encourage you to support the missionaries by sending them just a simple note of encouragement.

Love,

Hermana Jeppson

Sister Jeppson's First Week at the Provo MTC  (April 20, 2013)

Photos of the Cousins  (May 1, 2013)

We All Have the Responsibility to be Missionaries  (May 3, 2013)



Left to Right: Hermana Call, Hermana Uele (way-lay), Hermana Jeppson, Herman Rosen and Hermana Huffman